How to shrink a Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Park it next to an Electra! I'm amazed at the overall size difference between my Electra and the rest of my bikes.

The top tube on the Electra measures about 32.75" tall and the Schwinn is 30.5".
The wheelbase on the Electra is 47.125" and the Schwinn is 43.125".

The size difference is probably common knowledge for most cruiser gurus, but out in the sticks where I live...well, "what's an Electra?"

Pics don't really show much.
jfm14xiv.jpg

This one really shows the wheelbase difference.
zrhudhit.jpg

20rfd13l.jpg

Love that Schwinn!! more pics of that one...

I have never seen an Electra bike in person so I am surprised that they are so big. They look much smaller to me in pictures. Now I want one but unfortonately they are out of my price range.

Flame Jigger said:
I have never seen an Electra bike in person so I am surprised that they are so big. They look much smaller to me in pictures. Now I want one but unfortonately they are out of my price range.

This bike has 28" wide handlebars and that nice, wide saddle. Throw in the slightly taller top tube and it almost feels like I'm sitting on a motorcycle. I really love the old bikes, but there was just something about the Electras I'd seen online that made me "need" one. 8)

Back