how to recycle a purse

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
First get a purse. This one I saw at the Goodwill Store for $2.50 and decided to recycle. Cut off the shoulder strap and save it for later.
bag1.jpg

Next cut slots in the backside for your straps. I used Zip ties.Cut the purse, not your finger (ouch!)
bag2.jpg

You'll need to brace the bag to prevent the straps from pulling through. I used an old piece of plastic packing material, but a dowel would work as well. This is tilted intentionally to mount the bag level on the frame.
bag3.jpg

This is what the zip ties look like from the back. Note that the finger has stopped bleeding...
bag4.jpg

Next, fasten it to the bike. I had plenty of room on the frame, but you could just as easily mount it under the seat or on the bars.
bag5.jpg

I use a toe strap to make sure it stays shut and added an old pin I had lying around and Viola! A place to put your tube, tools, wallet or whatever!
bag6.jpg

Finally, add a small reflector to the old strap to make matching hub polishers :D
bag7.jpg

Back