How NOT to restore a bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like the first prewar i tried to buy.....
the guy thought it was made of gold and 'restored' itd be worth even more...i even told the guy hed destroy its value but it WAS his bike so i let him kill it :roll:

I thought something looked fishy, so I looked closer. This is the guy who has a minivan he advertises as a mobile bike shop. He was reported for spamming the bike section of CL here in Jax numerous times, then finally quit. I wasn't sure if he was a little off or what. I sure hope he has better results with other bikes.

I noticed the clear coat and powder coat part also. So it got powder coated twice or he sprayed clear coat over the powder coating? The whole description is confusing. He has over 70 hours and just restored it three days ago? Did the guy stay up for three days straight rebuilding it?

this says it all...
"every part is sand blasted,powder coated,clear coated and proffesionaly installed"

when did they make 1948 middleweight spaceliners? :lol: guys like this do not help this hobby at all! BTW....they do make a clear for powder coating. :wink:

Aww Poor bike, What did he do to you, would you like to come to my house and get all better? lol I can't wait till the snow goes away, i'll be making more money and ordering projects, downside is not everyone likes shipping to canada. It's people like that who hurt bicycles! I love that bike and wish I could own it,

Everyone, lets shake our fists in the air at what happened. lol

Walmart seat and handlegrips to boot.

I'll bet he made both bids on it to make it look good.

This is pitiful.

Definitely not a '48. He should just list it as a "rat rod" or "custom repaint" instead of restored and he would probably get compliments on the thing. While the paint has some flaws, it looks fairly good overall.

Quotes from his paragraph:
HOW MANY BIKE LIKE THIS YOU SEE IN YOUR LIFE TIME?
THE LAST SURVIVOR
THIS IS NOT MY HOBBY,I BEEN DOING THIS FOR A REALLY LONG TIME

I'm sooo confused :lol:

I love the tank with the two head lights. I agree with whomever pointed out that if the seller posted: "repainted or customized" instead of restored, he'd have been better off.

when did they make 1948 middleweight spaceliners?
I'm surprised it took 8 responses before anyone mentioned that!! :lol: And yeah, either he or a friend made those bids. The original 'before' bike wasn't worth 200, and now it's just a "hot mess"! :roll: -Adam

he never posted my question.......i was wondering how it was 100% original when parts are gone that were on the before shots (not to mention the whole color/powdercoat/middleweight things) :?
i goos i learn-ed somthan neeew evrdy

Back