How much would you pay for this???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a local bike co-op I found a really cool frame from a Dutch bicycle company. It's a Juncker Flying Jet (pronounced yoon-ker). The humpback frame is in good shape, just a few scratches. No crank or pedals, but it has a groovy headbadge and will take 26" tires.

They didn't even know it was there until I found it. They want to determine it's value before giving me a price. Anybody know how much it's worth?

0605081331lr2.jpg

0605081332er5.jpg

A company by the name of Junker made military and comercial aircraft. Could be the same company, could be a coincedence. I would give 20 or 25 for it, I see a cool velodrome racer in it.

i would agree with $25 as parts, as far as if its some "rare collector bike" i couldnt tell ya. and even if it was super rare, its just the frame, in that case id give $30 for it :mrgreen:

Thanks for your help guys!

I see a cool velodrome racer in it.

That's what I was thinking, instead of the usual fat tire thing, although there's certainly nothing wrong with that. I've been thinking about a fixed gear or commuter bike and a velo racer would fit that bill. And if that doesn't work out, hellloooo fat tired cruiser!

The co-op's starting price for a frame is $50, that's as low as they'll go. I'd still pay that since they've given me spokes and several handlebars for future projects absolutely free, and like many bike folk they're super cool and friendly to boot. Plus, I like humpback/camelback frames. Everybody has their favorites, that's mine. Besides, everyone here has creative thread titles, this could be "Junckyard Dog". How cool is that?!

They also had a wickedly cool Giant tandem, let me know if anybody wants a pic of it. I'd never seen a tandem frame like it before. I can get you a price quote on it too. And they had a pristine Redline aluminum frame mountain bike that must have only weighed 10 pounds, let me know if anyone wants a pic or price quote on it.

im guessing that its from the 50's maybe 60's when the jet thing was big. also the drop outs dont look to be prewar style(nor the badge :shock: ) cool frame though (i love the camelbacks!) 25-30 sounds pretty fair. and yeah they did make aircraft(think ww2)
good luck and cool find!

just give em the fifty an run. that is a kool bike.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back