how do you do this!?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a board track racer rear wheel with a freewheel with roller chain sprocket on it. Does anybody know how to do this?

I am assuming that boardtrack racer refers to a much older bike, designed before the use of freewheels. Because a freewheel has nothing to thread onto on most older style wheels, I would assume that a freewheel hub has been laced to older rims. However, older wheels with thread-on cogs exist, and I have never tried to thread a freewheel onto one, nor would I know how many different thread sizes/pitches exist in the world of freewheels. So it might be possible that someone has threaded a freewheel onto an old prewar hub. Pics will definitely help though.

The sportsman flyer 200 has the rear wheel type I'm talking about on their double reduction drivetrain

I doubt it locks in place. IF it operates as a normal freewheel then it would allow the bike to coast.

Station Inc makes a hub threaded for a south paw freewheel to use for his chain drive hubs.Pedal drive on right side moder drive on left side

Back