How do I remove these? Pedal rebuild.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pry them off,slowly carefully with sharp
sturdy edge,would be my guess...Stevil

I agree, very carefully. They weren't meant to come off, so they may not hold when you put ther pedals back together. Maybe you can find replacements at the hardware store.
I would use an old knife and pry and bend up the center tangs of the clips until they came loose, then bend them back into the original shape and use them again, if the tangs still hold.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm trying to save these for one of my muscle bikes. Most of the used non- reflector pedals are in the same condition as these and i just cant justify the cost of some NOS pedals. With 2 kids in college, lately I have more time than cash.

I tried to remove the push nuts and ruined them in the process.. Oh well, i figured id try. I was going to buy some replacement "push nuts" but everywhere I looked they only came in large quantities and they are pretty proud of them to boot!.
So off to home depot and I found some 1/4" axle caps. I also picked up some plastic washers to help take up some of the slop in the pedal blocks.

So far I only have one pedal done but I think the pictures speak for themselves.
What so you think? Not too bad for a little of my time and $9 bucks in parts!

Back