Hot Rods....little ones

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Found this treasure chest of vintage slot cars and parts. Everything is a little dirty, but in nice shape. All the cars work just fine and all but about 4 of the motors scream to life when hooked up to a 9volt.

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

sc4.jpg

sc5.jpg

sc6.jpg

sc7.jpg

Those are some great little Hot Rods you found there.
I'd bet a few of the other Old Boys on the site would even remember the smell of these little racers burnin' around the track. Cool Stuff.

Those are some great little Hot Rods you found there.
I'd bet a few of the other Old Boys on the site would even remember the smell of these little racers burnin' around the track. Cool Stuff.
Old boys? I remember them and still have some!
Some of those you have there are pretty rare, might be worth a few dollars on ebay if you were selling...

Luke.

Seeing that gave me the best flashback I have enjoyed in a while. I recognize all of them and built and raced a few of them way back when... And yes I can remember the smells.:)

Man......Those bring back Memories goin down to Pismo Beach Cali.
At the Arcade they had BIG race tracks where you could bring your own cars or rent some we'd spend all day there !....late 70's

~RafaeL~

Yeah, seriously cool stuff. There is a local hobby shop that has a track, so I'm going to pay them a visit. I also found a box full of track and assorted controllers. Nothing seems to go together but I'll figure it out. Probably going to put a speedway in the basement mancave now!

I think you have 2 different scaled cars there; 1/32 and 1/24.

When I was young I had a 1/32 track in my bedroom.

When my son was young there was still a HO scale track here in Phoenix, and we had one at home.

We visited a track (1/32 I think) in a Chicago suburb about 15 years ago...(probably a rarity). It was not everything I hoped, as the cars don't really resemble cars anymore, and, my son and I were the only ones there. And they were insanely fast, all out of proportion to the scale... too fast to even see (for me anyway).

When I checked, a long time ago, there were some internet sites with guidance how build your own track using MDF, a router, etc.

I have tried most scales and track types now, and the one that is the most realistic and for me the best fun is the 1/24 Carrera cars, they are a decent size and have enough weight to them that you actually have to drive them properly, they slide and drift around corners and give a bit of warning before they fly off, unlike some of the smaller insanely fast ones which seem to be doing fine until suddenly flying off and disappearing to the other side of the room...

Luke.

Nice time capsule. My memory is fading but I remember that I had a 1/24 Russkit F1 car with two motors...4wd. It was pretty fast. We'd put lighter fluid on the tires and do a burnout to clean the tires. I used to make a holder for 2 D batteries and hooked them in line to the controller so when you put the car on the track the batteries made the wheels turn backwards. Applying track power negated the batteries but when you came to a corner and let off the controller, the batteries took over and you effectively had power brakes. The black Cox controllers with the yellow wires were my favorite.
Spent a lot of time and money racing slot cars in the 60's. Thanks for the memories. Gary

Aurora Model Motoring is what came to mind when I saw those ! My brother and I had 2 green plastic controllers and a very basic starter kit of track. It's amazing how well the sense of smell is preserved ! Those little motors just screaming ! My favorite vehicle was a tractor-trailer rig ! Gray and yellow, as I recall. Probably about 1960.

Latest posts

Back