Hot Rod decoupage art piece

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laid out ready to start. The B&W pics came from an old 90s street rodder mag, the big colour pic is one of mine that I got printed at the local office supplies place.
Decoupage001.jpg

Acrylic glue from the craft store - dries clear
Decoupage002.jpg

Started adding pics
Decoupage003.jpg

Using a foam brush, give the base a coat of glue
Decoupage004.jpg

Align the picture
Decoupage005.jpg

Go back over it with more glue
Decoupage006.jpg

Thats it for the background. The centre image will cover the rest.
Decoupage007.jpg

After it the glue had dried I 'dry brushed' it with some brown/red acrylic which is a very similar hue to red primer - perfect!
Decoupage008.jpg

Some detail shots to get an idea of how it looks. Its kinda rough, but it'll help tone back the background, and helps with that vintage kinda vibe.
Decoupage009.jpg

Decoupage010.jpg

And then once the paint was dried I added the last picture, and gave the whole shebang another coat of glue.
Decoupage011.jpg

Now I just gotta bury the whole thing in clear :D

I used to deal in vintage hot rod magazines but still have a few hundred Im going to do the interior of my old Scotty trailer.

oh wow i was just thinking of doing something like this, except i had no idea where to start. this is a great idea! thanx

bighit said:
i did some on a bike i built,

4402277262_45a09f95cf_b.jpg

Dude this is awesome! Warragamba Dam is like 30 minutes from where I live! The safari park is long gone, but the urban legend is that some animals escaped. Every year or two someone spots a 'panther' in the bush. Even the local footbal team in the NRL (the Aussie equivalent of the NFL) is the Penrith Panthers!
penrith-panthers-nrl-logo.jpg

Latest posts

Back