Hooligan!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored this one the other day. I plan on keeping it as it is for now. I'll paint it in the spring. I have an idea for this style of frame for another build so when I get another one I'll show you what I have in mind. Other than a seized back brake this bike wasn't too bad. Front shock might be toast too...
68210_10150102264980396_509120395_7520168_5815729_n.jpg

Cool, I just scored a pacific with similar frame styling. I'm thinking of making an Army bike out of in in the spring, what are your ideas for yours?

For this one in particular I was thinking camo green and black :shock: Weird... Actually for the other frame I've seen around (similar style with the rear suspension) I was thinking a chopper, muscle bike style. I thought the rear suspension would be neat on one. I was thinking of using a shopping cart for some pieces (ape hangers and seat frame). Only problem is that I need to find a shopping cart after it's been hit by a snowplow. Or find one in the woods somewhere. And extend the forks huge. Basically the most ridiculous extreme chopper I can build and still have it rideable.

I get these bikes all the time, I take them for the tires and front forks, the bott0om bracket on this bike brakes easy and can be a very very big pain to remove.

Also one tip on the handlebars in using a shopping cart, they are pretty heavy and can throw off your balance, if you have a welder just make some.

no welder. still in the planning/drawing stage... it's kinda in my head "should I? or Why not?" It's like I need to see it done and say "I did it" and then if it sucks take it apart again. The shopping cart I have in mind shouldn't actually affect balance as bad. It's a smaller cart with thinner tubing. The other ones I've seen do seem to be rather heavy. I don't know. I just got a whole bunch of plywood from a buddy of mine. I have some stuff to build with that first. A decent toolbox for starters. I also have other bikes to finish off... I'll stew on this a bit.

Back