Home Tire Storage Racks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How do you guys store tires? I am looking to build a rack for my shop area, and need some ideas. I am looking at hanging @ 40+ tires. I hate stacking them on the floor.

I do this with all my girl's frames.
1. Strip all parts off
2. cut 4" out of the down tube in front of the bottom bracket
3. Hang from dropouts
4. Hang tires
Also creates a nice place to store chain guards, fenders, extra locks, and much more.
image-39.jpg

Glad to see I'm not the only one that has old crutches hanging in their shed / workshop.
Your tire "hangers" are pretty creative. Personally I need more shed to put a rack in!

Gizmo

I cut old bed frames up to wanted length and use the ends to bolt to studs in the wall or rafters,get pic,s later

Ralph

Gizmo said:
Glad to see I'm not the only one that has old crutches hanging in their shed / workshop.
Your tire "hangers" are pretty creative. Personally I need more shed to put a rack in!

Gizmo
Yeah they make great sissy bars.

I use bike hooks screwed into the rafters with a long pipe hooked into them and I hang tubes on one side tires between the hooks and any new rims (ones I snag off ebay cheap) I get on the other end.

I rotate mine every time I look for a tire and mine normally get used before they get too bad. There are a few old tires that I will never use but when I get a garage they will be cool wall hangers.

I built a rack out of 2x4's cut in half. More beef than a 2x2, which is close to 1 1/4" square. Having support on two points seems to hold them better. Hanging usually makes a sharp spot on the beads. -Adam
SUNP0047.jpg

Hope this comes out straight, as I had a hard time adjusting in photobucket...

My tree rack, rollable and adjustable.

DSC09430_zpsbb4ae582-1_zps7376a9ce.jpg

Back