Hollywooood!!!! --- Finished at last!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a simple build that took far too long, but now it's finally done! (I did post some shots of this project in another thread quite a while back, but I can't seem to find it now *shrugs*)

First off, big thanks to Hooch for the frame: a 1961 Schwinn Hollywood that I bought from him many, many months ago. It's the pink one in the picture below:

sassyhe5.png

Yes, that's a coat of pink housepaint. Needless to say, it couldn't remain that way, so a visit from the wire wheel had it down to bare metal in short order:

baremetal06302007pn9.png

A coat of primer:

primered06302007km3.png

And then a topcoat of Nissan LeMans Sunset:

sneakpeekhl1.png

At this point, the project had stalled, but then a friend of mine saw the frame and decided that it was the bike for her. Leaping back into action, parts were ordered from Chaingang Lowrider (Thanks Curtis :D ) to finish it off and Voila! the finished ride:

dreamcycle3pg8.png

dreamcycle2df3.png

I'm happy to report that she is thrilled with her new/old bike :D We'll be getting more and better photo's of it (along with my Jag MKIV) soon.

-Mp

see what a good woman can do, inspire,lol. nice ride, bet she luvs it.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Wow...that bike came together awesome.

Love the color choice and the parts that were used.

Just don't let her find out what a Nexus hub is. :wink:

Looks great! Love the color. I want to build something similar for the wife but, she wants some purplish gray color that she can't seem to give me a example of!

i'm only 15 so im not married but
that sounds like a typical woman

Thanks for the compliments guys :D

aka_locojoe, the tires are 26x2.125 Duro brick tread whitewalls.

RatRod, we did consider a Nexus hub, but they are very expensive around here so a single speed coaster will have to do for now.

The frame is actually a 1963, not a 1961 as originally stated. I just thought I'd point that out 'cause I know how important numbers-matching-correctness is around here :mrgreen:

-Mp

Back