Hiya from the southern most point of NJ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,
I've been lurking on the site for a few months now, pretty much since Peddlin Kustoms by Hooch found me on Myspace. I've been into bikes for years (like everyone here) but mostly your standard expensive road and mtn bikes. I spent a few glorious years wrenching for a great shop in PA. I spent the past 5 years as a summer bike officer in a shore town. I get paid to ride a bike and carry a gun! How cool. Recently, I got back to working on bikes in a big way. I forgot how relaxing it is. I love bikes but my tastes were always a bit expensive and with a family dragging my finances down (j/k) I was at a loss as to how to keep my addiction going. Then I found RRB. Now I find myself going to yard sales looking for klunkers and driving way too slow past large trash piles on trash day with a bizarre desire to see something, anything. I can't weld (yet) so most of my mods will be done like my dad used to when he was a kid... swap, chop and rattlecan. This site will be the death of me if the wife ever looks in the shed now! I'm already starting to collect "projects".
My big project is my dad's old Schwinn which may or may not actually be all Schwinn after seeing various parts on these pages. I'd like to do a bit of a resto-mod. something I know he'd appreciate and would know was in the spirit of what he and the guys did every summer in the late 50's. Yeah, I think it'll be good.

Welcome to Ratdom.

Sounds like the wheels have been turning in your head. Can't wait to see the finished results.

I spent the past 5 years as a summer bike officer in a shore town

Wow. Nice! And I'm not just saying that because you probably still have the guns.

The hobby can be very affordable when you learn where & how to look, and who to ask. It seems you're already off to a good start. As for the wife, just build her a bike. They love that kinda stuff. And don't be afraid to rat out or resto mod a road bike or MTB, either.

WELCOME!...........Tell your wife "There's a couple of RATS in the shed!". (you won't be lying!) :lol:

my wife just laughts at me. now she has a custom bratz an i will be building her an old clunker to ride the rails to trails around the country. oh, welcome to our party.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

If you can believe it (because I can't) I actually married a woman that can't ride a bike and refuses to learn. Her mom claims she can but dear wifey won't even throw a leg over a bike. My entire life prior to getting married was bikes and I still can't figure this one out. Guess opposites do attract.

Latest posts

Back