hitch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fords website has a 1000lb trailer limit for towing for the focus with the 2.0L engine- so its roadworthy! Youd need to get a light duty hitch installed (read: welded to your rear subframe) which i dont think would cost too much. Check ebay for light duty, i think class 1, hitches and have a bike buddy weld it in for you.

you can order a hitch through a uhaul dealer and get a screaming deal may want to check it out ... i have a tow hitch installation and uhaul dealer bussiness on the side... just a thought they make them for anything even lil cars like that :D

they mount into exsisting holes in your sub frame no welding or fabricating needed under 200 bucks most times even less

look for a bike carrier. they have two kinds one you take front tire off and it mounts up by the top of the hatch. back tire get straped down by the bumper cover. i can't find a pic but i know they make them cause a buddy has one for his moutain bike and the other kind bike sets sideways on the back
102A.jpg

Upper Class White Trash said:
look for a bike carrier. they have two kinds one you take front tire off and it mounts up by the top of the hatch. back tire get straped down by the bumper cover. i can't find a pic but i know they make them cause a buddy has one for his moutain bike and the other kind bike sets sideways on the back
102A.jpg

The thing with that one is that I have a hatchback and won't work.
325557.jpg

AHHHHHHHH just had to opt for the spoiler!!!!! man i tell ya kids nowa days.... lol that sucks. cause that carrier is pretty sweet it lets you open the hatch with the bike on it. don't think that it is good on the hatch lift pistons but i tryed

Upper Class White Trash said:
AHHHHHHHH just had to opt for the spoiler!!!!! man i tell ya kids nowa days.... lol that sucks. cause that carrier is pretty sweet it lets you open the hatch with the bike on it. don't think that it is good on the hatch lift pistons but i tryed

Yeah! I couldn't help it I'm a sucker for hatchbacks. The roof rack would be tooo expensive and doesn't seem like a way to go knowing the bikes are pretty heavy.

I sell hitches were I work and none of my brands like Hidden hitch or Putnam make one for a ZX3. Sedan or wagon body styles only. Also, I don't know if that is your car in the photo, but that lower valance would be in the way. Maybe I am a little crazy, but I would make a rail for the tires to ride in, weld up a mounting system, and make it fit in the car without scuffing or banging up the paint. Roll the bike in, maybe lower the bars, and just drive with the deck lid up. :D

Honest Abe said:
I sell hitches were I work and none of my brands like Hidden hitch or Putnam make one for a ZX3. Sedan or wagon body styles only. Also, I don't know if that is your car in the photo, but that lower valance would be in the way. Maybe I am a little crazy, but I would make a rail for the tires to ride in, weld up a mounting system, and make it fit in the car without scuffing or banging up the paint. Roll the bike in, maybe lower the bars, and just drive with the deck lid up. :D

It's not my car but it's the same model. I know they don't have one for an svt because of the valance. I dont mind cutting just a little of the valance.

i didnt know they can bolt in, thats crazy...

post some pics of your bike, your car and the rear sub-frame and we can all work on a design that you can fab up.

Back