His -N- Hers Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i finished my wifeys Hawthorne just in time for Valentines Day and she loves it! Now if it would just stop raining here we could go for a ride! But it's still nice to just stare at while waiting for some sun! I am thinking about changing one of the colors though.......any color scheme suggestions? AND i'm thinking about putting the blackwall tires back on my bike. it looks better than the cream ones......

100_1168-1.jpg

100_1169.jpg

100_1170.jpg

100_1171.jpg

100_1172.jpg

100_1173.jpg

100_1174.jpg

See how the truss rods are holding on the wheel! It works for me....!

chimichanga said:
is the fork openings too small for the wheel axle?

no, it's not too small i'm thinking those are 24" forks because my from wheel is 26". we had to grind down the axle a bit to get it in the truss rod. kinda strange.

rusty513 said:
Very Nice ! ! ! Where did you get those monster tires on the boys bike?

well when i traded with MikeS i kept the wheel set from my old Felt V12. its a 26" front and a 24" rear. it had the black wall quick brick up front and a cream thick brick on the rear. i ordered a the cream tires from felt. Still to come will be a skip tooth sweetheart for my bike and maybe a profile imperial sprocket for hers. IDK.

paint em pink ! :mrgreen: nice job on those job well done i still think they could both use some pinstripes though hint hint nudge nudge.

wait......i just noticed you got married
congrats! the bikes look good :mrgreen:
but they are missing a little 'something'......(hint, hint, nudge, nudge :lol: take him up on it!)

i am tell'in ya the economy is hard and i got an itch to lay some lines

Latest posts

Back