HIS & HERS 2009 TREK 7200s

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Ridden a whopping 2 times and then sold on the CL to me. :mrgreen:

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0019-1.jpg

cman said:
Nice bikes. Must of been one of those failed New Years resolutions.
LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve,
Is the 'leather' portion of those grips full-size or are they shorter to accomodate the GripShifters?
BTW....Nice score!

Thanks,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Is the 'leather' portion of those grips full-size or are they shorter to accomodate the GripShifters?

I'll have to measure them when I get home....stay tuned. :wink:

I had intended to only buy the woman's bike for my wife, but the seller made me a deal I couldn't refuse and they both came home with me.

I rode the men's bike around the block a couple of times yesterday and the only thing I'm not really crazy about is that it seems like the top tube length may be too short for me. The frame height is fine, but I feel like my butt is about to slide off the back of the seat if I sit on it like I want to. If I scoot up on the center of the seat then I feel like I'm too close to the handlebars.

P.S. For those keeping track, I ended up selling off that red 09 Trek 7.2FX last week...the combo of the aluminum frame and the rigid fork was a bit rough for my tastes.

Steve ..Sweet score nice looking bikes ..The wife should be happy with that one...Oh I found this one ih the dump..LOL
107b222f.jpg

You might be able to swivel those handlebars forward to get the grips a bit more forward.

That would mean turning the shifter and brake handles around some on the handlebars to line them back up, but a little distance may make enough of a difference in the feel.

Can you adjust the seat any and slide it back some on the seat post? That may make a difference too.

ah yes... the hybids. this summer i had gotten the hybrid bug and longed for the days of my old 95' marin stinson beach i had for a while in 95' (trading it for a paramount mountain bike). i had temporarily taken a job as a bike mechanic this summer and he made me a great deal on a 03' schwinn supersport 24spd hybrid. i really digged having a hrbrid untill its stiff aluminum frame and aluminum fork made it a bit too much on my body, despite its shock seatpost deal. sold it on ebay for $200 after a few months, but kinds miss it. i woulda just thrown on a suspension fork, but that would defeat its road usefullness for me.
you scored a sweet set of treks for sure. love the tan seat and grips look, but if you do any trailriding with it, id man up those tires a bit more. 32c i'm guessing, my scwinn had a sweet pair of irc 32c's and they handled road and trails both very well.

Latest posts

Back