Highwheelerboy25's "Gas Crunch Solution" - G.C.S.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 90%
9   1   0
picked this up from a friend of my dad's. he said it had been sitting in his backyard for 10 years and he told me for 50 bucks i could take it home. i did a little research and found out that it was a 73-74 P.P.V. - people powered vehicle. they were apparently sold during the gas crunch during the seventies as actual cars. that's all i really know about it. it had a bump-mounted 3-speed mated to a set of 20 inch motorcycle wheels with a drum brake in the front. the body is fiberglass and the frame is steel. it was an awesome trike to ride but a pain to load into my little truck. i took it to the bike shop to have some work done on the gears after i painted it and a customer at the the shop that had seen it before on an add i had on craigslist offered to buy it for a little more than i bought it for so i couldn't pass up the deal. i had my fun with it, now it's someone elses turn.

4283243727_757c2960ba.jpg

4283985382_d481cc9f2c.jpg

4283238995_bcabbf4f2b.jpg

here i was testing out some new paint, and the thailand tag didn't come with it. i also got some whitewalls on it.

4283982878_4b9e25ecd2.jpg

this is as far as i got with it before it was sold. it originally had a windshield too but i never found one.

For some reason these PPVs were very popular in my area "back in the day". A friend of mines family owned one and they pretty much used it for everything. It was nothing to see them out cruising 20 to 30 miles a day, doing all kinds of errands. I even saw them with it at the local drive-in movies! They eventually wore it out.

Back