BO15 High Plains Drifter (The Finish Line)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, that purple! I was a drummer and had a side business in the late 80's-90's recovering drum sets. I wish I had a picture, but in the early 90's I was playing Hollywood/Los Angels/San Fernando Valley clubs in a band called C R A S H and I redid my drum kit in that exact same color for a while. Looked really cool and no one else had a kit that color, it got me a lot more business. Soon after, I did another kit in a vintage gold sparkle as that trend was coming back. Stayed that color for many years till I sold it. Thanks for the flash back.
That’s awesome man! It is a very late 80’s early nineties color. Glad it sparked memories.

Your build is looking grape! I mean, great! Can't wait to see this purple passion completed. :nod:
We should all do a 80s build off... it would Be Epic. Color schemes would be insane to see. Kind of wishing I would have went with paint, I kept it raw, I think cobb Webb’s are still on mine lol. Purple is off the charts

We should all do a 80s build off... it would Be Epic. Color schemes would be insane to see. Kind of wishing I would have went with paint, I kept it raw, I think cobb Webb’s are still on mine lol. Purple is off the charts
That would be a blast! That raw look is cool. If you look back to what my bike originally looked like, it was rusty crusty. I thought about keeping the patina but chose to paint it. It’s only original once. And painting is stressful!

That would be a blast! That raw look is cool. If you look back to what my bike originally looked like, it was rusty crusty. I thought about keeping the patina but chose to paint it. It’s only original once. And painting is stressful!
Very true my friend, add parts is difficult because of color, for instance the springer section of my bike was gifted to me by u buddy, but it’s never been out of the box soooo that part on my bike looks brand new and is throwing the color scheme a little wacky. But what’s a Rat Rod without wacky right??

Very true my friend, add parts is difficult because of color, for instance the springer section of my bike was gifted to me by u buddy, but it’s never been out of the box soooo that part on my bike looks brand new and is throwing the color scheme a little wacky. But what’s a Rat Rod without wacky right??
I lose sleep over the painting process Lol

95EBA2D4-565F-4D85-B3B4-17712693FCFF.jpeg
52C54FE1-F6A2-45B7-871E-4D62F3C0AAC3.jpeg
Made a swap on the speedo mounts from a handle bar mount to stem mount. I like everything on a centerline.

When Tom Sawyer bike shop laced my hub, they set me up with some really beefy spokes. I’m taping up as much of the painted surface I can, to keep scratching to a minimum as I assemble. The rear wheel is an extremely tight fit, since I’m shoving 26”ers on to a 16” frame. The tire has to be flat in order to wedge the unit in. Lots of Purple & Chrome.
FEB54B07-1DE0-4FEA-B1DA-2BAAF99A7B3E.jpeg

Decided to use a front fender on the rear, from a set I had around. They were off a Schwinn tourist if I remember correctly, so they are skinny. I have a bunch of spikes that I like to use in various ways. Here I am using them to mount the fender and to dress up my grips and chain sprocket. I was home in Colorado over the weekend, so I was able to pick up my grips and rat trap pedals. Still looking for a white brake cable to match the shifter cable. All but the brake should be done this week.
7055C0A2-CF45-42C8-BC9A-1100D730CF3D.jpeg
34F6EE40-42C9-493E-ACBB-685E8D2A9AF7.jpeg
6712AB06-7503-4CED-A97F-D4127D715736.jpeg
5D3E1BF1-A9DF-4185-BFE5-8407D31B179F.jpeg
BC6435C3-9F75-4262-BE71-95399ED7981F.jpeg

Latest posts

Back