Higgins with a beehive

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came to work yesterday. the only thing original is the frame fork and the front carlisle tire. All the rest of the parts are wald stuff, but they shine. Its also been painted with a roller
Picture4-2.png

Happy for you. Sad for me. I had been looking for a Beehive since I started back on bikes. I found one last week and finally freed it from it's destroyed frame to find a bent steer tube. I could have ridden it as it was but decided to try and straighten it today. Collapsed the tube at the top in the threads. Treat yours right. :cry:

heyslugger said:
Happy for you. Sad for me. I had been looking for a Beehive since I started back on bikes. I found one last week and finally freed it from it's destroyed frame to find a bent steer tube. I could have ridden it as it was but decided to try and straighten it today. Collapsed the tube at the top in the threads. Treat yours right. :cry:

Weld a new steer tube on

Stampings on the BB should start with something like MO and a letter, that letter tells the year. Next is 'MOD 502', a Murray code for a built for Sears bike. Then, likely the Sears model #, something like 215. Then the serial #. -Adam

Back