Hiawathaextendo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am probably out of my league but am happy to be here. After many years of admiring and doing builds behind the scenes I am going give this a shot. So here we go!
Here’s the bike when I picked it up two years ago.
B2EEB674-47DB-4AF4-932A-E67FFD8F459D.jpeg

Here it is now. Created simple rear extensions. Found an old mountain bike in an alley and took off the shock and a bracket to create a dual fork front springer.
3E38D28A-8CCD-400F-91AF-59FAAD71E972.jpeg

16102CB9-CABD-4452-B4A4-C6E424F6D1D2.jpeg

A quick mock up to take a look.
E63FFC15-9567-42AA-ABEE-BA70201AB97F.jpeg

Next step is creating my fork attachment pieces and a bracket to attach the shock to front fork. Hopefully I can find some time in between projects on my 95 year old house.

Welcome aboard! You are going to have fun here building along with this crew. Keep the photos and process and cool ideas coming!

And... RaT oN~!

Welcome aboard! You are going to have fun here building along with this crew. Keep the photos and process and cool ideas coming!

And... RaT oN~!
Thanks for the welcome. Nice to get it from another Minnesotan. RaT oN fOr SuRe!

Welcome aboard! I like the front and rear plans for your bike. The tank looks to be in great shape too on the old Murray.

Great start, i have a tank like that with matching fenders here somewhere.... Hope it all comes together as planned.

Any progress on the cool springer or extended rear end?

Any progress??? You still have a month left!!
Just made progress this last week. Primed, painted and laced the wheels and set them on the chassis. Everything is looking good. I am going to have to spend some late nights in September to get this done. I’ve got a wedding to shoot this weekend and then a vacation out east until September 5th. I had a huge backyard project that I finally finished a week ago. Set me back a bit.
4AEE24EA-8E54-4D64-BFEE-446A31D30E00.jpeg

I made my seat last night and made a pattern for a specialty piece today.

Looking cool
Are you going to be able to make the Sept 6th deadline?

We’ll, I guess I won’t get this done in time. Totally had the wrong date in September for completion. My bad. I’ll just have keep posting as it comes together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear you might not get your bike done in time. Don't let the deadline stop you from making as much progress as you can though! Even if you don't finish the bike in time for voting, you can still have a cool bike once it's done. I especially like your springer fork idea! Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

DANG IT!! I WANTED TO SEE YOU FINISH. YOU CAN DO IT!! YA ALMOST THERE.

Back