Hiawatha Mens tanker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just brought this little beauty home. it is a Hiawatha, not exactly sure of the year yet. The sprocket on it isnt the one that came on the bike, I just swapped it out real quick to clean the original and slapped this one so i could ride it. not exactly sure if i am going to keep the rusty finish and ride it ratty, or tear it apart and do a repaint. gimme your thoughts. also is anyone familiar with the reflector bars that go from the handle bars to the axle?? I appreciate any input.
Image-9.jpg

Image-11-1.jpg

Image-10.jpg

That bike is stunning just as it sits, beautiful patina, find the upper part of the headlight, get it working and PLEASE don't consider painting it!

very cool! thanks for the input!! oldrider, I think your right. most likely will keep it as is.

If I owned it I'd paint on my shop logo on the tank, fix the headlight or make a top cover and convert it to LED. and ride it till the rust falls off...... :mrgreen:
Love that rusty patina. I'm gonna have to sand down one of my old huffys dip it in salt-water and leave it chained to a fence outside for a few years......let it build up that good patina........then build it back up.

Back