Hi, I have a problem...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... I like all things mechanical. I'm just another knucklehead that has one tooooo many hotrods, one tooooo many motorcycles, and now one tooooo many bicycles... Just ask my wife and she'll tell you so. LOL.

My name is Clark, I've been lurking on this website for a while and have just gotten around to joining. I've got several friends already members here, so let the razzing begin. But, in all seriousness, there are some really cool rides and I like the variety. I also like the "family" like nature of the forum, i.e. no bashing.

Here's some of my junk, enjoy.
-AMF Aerobee - bought one new as a 12 year old with a paper route
-An old Murray - my current project
-A Sears & Roebuck twin stick 10 speed
-and a Ross Professional Gran Tour II - bought it new 30 years ago, thousands of miles later it'll be a parts donor at some point
2992781797_f1b5f06ef3.jpg

2992781903_e15b115d8d.jpg

My current project, just planning a simple build... I need employment first - lost my 2nd job in 2 months due to layoffs, :(
2992781917_8093cfef6c.jpg

My peeps...
2992781911_631fa18313.jpg

I should let your wife talk to mine. After that conversation your wife will be happy. We took a count of bikes again today and I am back at 70. I was down to 50 until my addiction kicked in again. I need to join one of those groups. :wink:

Ric

Welcome to the forum...cool bikes and cute kiddos! :D

Although I will say...they must be mimicking your wife's expression... :lol:

Fastback Maniac said:
I should let your wife talk to mine. After that conversation your wife will be happy. We took a count of bikes again today and I am back at 70. I was down to 50 until my addiction kicked in again. I need to join one of those groups. :wink:

Ric
My wife would love it if I had 70 bicycles... They take up a lot less space than my auto/trucks!

aka_locojoe said:
Welcome. Nice bikes. Especially the Aero Bee!
The Aerobee was a Ebay purchase several years back. It's in very good condition. I couldn't begin to tell you whatever became of my original bike, the parents probably tossed sometime while I was in college?

Rat Rod said:

LOL! The wife has been pretty understanding, still easing her in on the whole "men just have expensive [and lots of] hobbies". The kiddos are great, I'm teaching them "most" of the boy stuff to my wife's chagrin. To make a long story short, I've been in the girls lives since they were 15 months old. They turned 6 in October.

Welcome to the forums Clark!! I look forward to your build thread for that project of yours.
You'll fit in well here. all your technical knowledge will be put to good use. Jump right in with both feet.
Say hi to wife and girls for me.

My guess is the wife trained them well......or they could be quick learners!

I don't know why the wife is upset, four bikes for a family of four, everybody's covered!

That's what I'm talking about, a bicycle for everyone in the family...

Well, the girls have their own bikes already but, they can grow into what I've pictured. Right? And of course, my man logic carries that one step further... It's okay to have a bike for each day of the week too. Lets see, 4 x 7 = 28 if I'm doing the math right. Then we'll need bikes for rainy days, days of off road riding, date night, a comfort one, a bing one, and one with a pull behind trailer for the grocery store errand, and... You get the picture, I need to catch up huh? LOL.

I can't complain. I didn't marry for the first time until I was 44 years old. I've seen a lot, done a lot, spent a lot of money, and have pictures and stories to tell. Life is good.

Clark

Welcome to the forum! You can tell your wife it could be worse: I have 70+ bikes apiece to choose from. Of course, not all of them work...yet. :D

About time you signed up Clark. Glad to see you here. Most of us on here have over one bike for every day of the week, more like one bike forevery day of the month or two or three. LOL

thatismytruck said:
Welcome to the forums Clark!! I look forward to your build thread for that project of yours.
You'll fit in well here. all your technical knowledge will be put to good use. Jump right in with both feet.
Say hi to wife and girls for me.
Hey Skipper! Look forward to seeing how your latest project is moving along. Mine is on hold until I once again find employment - the ties are laid out, the shirts are ironed, and the resume is updated and ready. I might even shave before an interview :p

Bicyclerick said:
About time you signed up Clark. Glad to see you here. Most of us on here have over one bike for every day of the week, more like one bike forevery day of the month or two or three. LOL
Hi Richard. I'm glad to be here... Been lurking for a while and flat out impressed by the variety of pictures and knowledge, should have joined long ago.

Clark

Not to get too in depth, but, you will catch on again with another company.

You can still build you know. free parts everywhere. :wink:

Did I mention how handsome you look today?

hey sleeper sedan! i see that your in blue springs! i live in grain valley!! its good to see more midwest boys joinin up!! welcome to the forum man and post some pics in the gallery!!

Easy E

elvis51 said:
hey sleeper sedan! i see that your in blue springs! i live in grain valley!! its good to see more midwest boys joinin up!! welcome to the forum man and post some pics in the gallery!!

Easy E
Yep, Grain Valley is just a stone throw away. I've got a buddy over there that just bought a Fliteliner off of Ebay from somebody here in the Kansas City area, he needs to get on board with this site too. I'm sure you and I will cross paths here in the future but, for now, life is a little hetic at the moment.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
oh great, Clark's here now. There goes the neighborhood.
Yeah, well... The neighbors hate me already, what's a few more? LOL! I'm kidding already!!! Wish I was near you, Skipper, and Bob. I could go get a slice of pie (pizza) and a beer about now.

nice bikes. i am a cruiser man, so i especially dig the murray. have two murrays of my own, a westport and a monterey. turned the monterey into a 5speed derailleur bike because i could. welcome

roadmaster said:
nice bikes. i am a cruiser man, so i especially dig the murray. have two murrays of my own, a westport and a monterey. turned the monterey into a 5speed derailleur bike because i could. welcome
Hey raodmaster, I hear you on the cruiser bit... I look forward to making some changes/tweaks to the bike. I think I know what I want now, just gotta figure out how to get there. That's one of the reasons for scouring the forum/site - connecting with others on their ideas, knowledge, and pictures saying a thousand words. I'm looking forward to the build and finding the pieces to the puzzle, I have a 2nd bike already in mind yet, I haven't even started the first. Is that bad? :eek:

Clark

Sleeper Sedan said:
I have a 2nd bike already in mind yet, I haven't even started the first. Is that bad? :eek:

Clark

If that's bad, the rest of us are in a LOT of trouble... I have a shed FULL of projects, as well as the spare bedroom in my house, and most of the time my kitchen and living room, too, and I'm not even one of the worst! :D

Back