Hi from Syracuse

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
My names Andy, I'm from Syracuse. I have an obsession with bicycles and non motorized transportation in general that just keeps growing.
l_fda2a90eb697baa92352c5f7796fa091.jpg

Heres a funny picture of me with the closest thing I have to a rat rod right now. I don't know much about the bike what so ever. My dad found it abandonned on his soccer fields at school a few months back. I had been planning to really dress up for the halloween critical mass bike ride up here this year as I finally didn't have to work (at a haunted house). So I spent a few days cleaning up this previously ugly monster of a kids bike. The way I recieved it, it was spray bombed in a metallic blue to match the blue it had on it. The stem, handlebars, chain guard, fenders and crank were all chromed. The rest was blue. It's definitely not restored, but it does look pretty nice witha few rattle cans, and alot of house cleaning. I took the bike apart as far down as I could at the time. It still needs some lube/maintenance that it will get over the winter. It's way too small for me, but it fits my girlfriend swell and she loves to ride it.
l_56bf1afc926d2f51f6a3c66daba2bb9a.jpg

Probably boring for many on the forum here, but I ride my bikes everyday and alot of places I go. I have my dads early '70s Panasonic touring bike for nice days and my Schwinn Mountain bike for rainy and snowy weather out here. Thats a photo of us riding around Martha's Vinyard on my grandpa's Motobecane.
My girlfriend and I also have a ~ 50 year old yellow Columbia tandem that we bought together this summer. I think I need to rebuild the rear hub on it (a Bendix Tandem), as I was reassembling the bike tonight,the hub was acting all screwy just as I thought I had resolved another problem that had been bugging me since the summer.
I hope to play around with a bike back home that is probally a foot under snow, and is most certainly still crushed-ish under the collapsed beams of a barn near me. I have an idea of what I want, so we'll just see when I get there.
I used to and still have an obsession for other transportation, and owned 11 Willys- Jeeps before the age of 19. Heres the two complete ones I still have
Andys_3A1_Custom.JPG
Thats Little Bear, our former, second, plow jeep, a '49 CJ-3a
Andys_Wagon1_Custom.jpg
Theres me( 9 years ago, the day I bought it, months before my 16th birthday)and Vern, a '52 Willys Wagon that we are still restoring.

hey man ! nice goin on the rattle-can-perfect peewee clone and your sorta creepy resemblance (j/k), welcome to your newly found addiction :)

nice jeeps too, never had anything that old (or cool) but did have a grand wagoneer "woody" with a chicago credit card problem !!! still miss it

BTW ridin pics arent boring to us, theyre always welcome here. pics of the tandem would be nice !

-jeremy

hey everyone,
thanks for the welcome. i had been lurking for months before signing up, trying to ID the pee-wee bike. i've looked at alot of the photos of other bikes and unfortunately for me, it looks like that style is extremely popular. there is the tag on the front still, but I sprayed over it again. Maybe I'll trow some more pics of it up today and someone can help me figure it out.

I'll definitely put some pictures of the tandem up sometime. I have it on a friends stand right now, which is when the rear hb started acting screwy for no apparent reason.
Andy

Hey Andy,Welcome Aboard.

One of my current projects is a PeeWee Herman replica bike.

Latest posts

Back