Hi from southern maine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I first started messing with bikes back in 1986 when i decided it would be a good idea to dismantle and reassemble the coaster brakes in my Schwinn stingray. My dad wanted me to toss out the bike 3 weeks later but I insisted that I could get the .... thing back together. Since then I have tried to do every thing I could to not be NORMAL. From the 4 custom columbia tandem to the 21 speed chopper tryke ( that never did get brakes on it )I tried to keep heads turning and never rode a bike that didn't get some kind of attention . The bike I'm most known for lately is the Phoenix. This bike was called the Flaming Rat2 when it was posted in the gallery form here a few years ago by my friend ACD . Its a rollfast tandem with a jc higgens tank and rack and a rat trap springer fork. I feel im leaving out something ---- oh ya it shoots out 50 foot flames in the back!! It was half way done when he posted it here, and he said I should join this form then but , life had to kick me in the teeth for a few years so I was a little busy. The good news is that the Phoenix is done and new pics will be posted (when i can figure out how to) as well as some other less dangerous bikes, and a few from my begining. I'm hoping to start building and selling bike's soon, if all goes well. So I will most likely be hanging around the "wanted" and "for sale" forums. One other thing you should know about me is that I'm not very good with pc's, and I dont live chat with people ! So if it comes up, I'm not being a snob. I just suck with computers and prefer emails or replys. Now that I think of it, I hope that I'm posting this in the right spot. If this works
009_32A-1.jpg
this pic is the last time I shot flames with the Phoenix. I love this pic because the flames look like a Phoenix ( and that prompted the name change) As you can imagine, it's hard to get permission to do this. You have to have a big backyard and / or blind neighbor's. Luckily I had both back then.

Back