Hi from North Florida

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Bill. I have been fixing and building newer beach cruisers for about a year and a half. Then I found a guy with 20 + bikes (I think 50's, 60's and 70's) under a tarp. The ones I can identify are JC Higgins, Columbia, Schwinn, Huffy and Seneca. That's how I found this incredible website. Anyway I am restoring one of the Columbia's. Maybe more of a resto-mod than a restoration. Found the link to Columbia serial numbers which says it is 1960. Thanks for the great website.
Here is the bike.

Bill

photo1.jpg

Welcome from another North Florida member!

I just traded an identical bike, it's not a Columbia, it's an Emory. It's great bike. Made in Jacksonville in the early 80's or so. The serial is on the side of the head tube. I've got a chain guard that is for that bike if you want it.

eg3mp.jpg

You are correct Wildcat. The serial is on the head tube. Not a Columbia like the seller said. He gave me a tank that was on the so called "Columbia" , looks like it fits good. Not sure if Emory ever made tanks. I would love to have a correct chain guard for the bike, let me know how we can get together. Working on my Emory resto-mod now. I will post pics in a few days.

LARGEK9 I'm in Jacksonville.

Working on a signature.
Bill

I'd like to do some riding, on one of the few bike paths we have here in our area. The Baldwin rail trail is the best, but is out of the way, it's a 20 mile drive for me to get there, but my brother and his wife live near there. Riding is good, even though we are in the middle of winter, but March is the best, maybe we can set up a ride.

I also have the correct handle grips for that bike. The Emory company goes by Aerofast now, still made in Jax.
http://www.aerofast.com/aerofast/history.html

Hey Bill! I keep looking at the nice bikes you have listed on CR here locally. Wish I had more room...I would pick up one...or two...or three :) Anyway, still enjoying the El Guapo I got from you. Hopefully, we can ride sometime...we ride around PVB and Jax Beach every weekend.

sweetwillie said:
Hi Ed, Good to hear from you. Call me or PM if you want ride on the weekends.

We will definitely get together and ride! Weather is getting good :)

Back