Heyo!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTV

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What's happenin? Name's Zach, recently moved to Phoenix. I dig old aircooled VW's, and late 50's/early 60's middleweight Schwinn's. I'm totally green to the world of bikes, but I recently picked up a '63 Typhoon and have started tweaking it to my liking... It's a complete 100% original bike now, except I added some Schwinn truss rods to the front, and flipped the bars for a more aggressive riding position. My girl has also got an ugly early 50's Monark, and we recently picked her up a late 30's Elgin. I'll post pics as soon as my iphone isn't my primary source of Internet!
Going to go post a tech question now, been lurking for a bit and I really like what's going on here!

Hey, I'm into vw's too. I have a 1956 oval project car that i'm working on right now and a bunch of bikes that i'm trying to restore... looking forward to seeing pics of your bikes and vw's. Later!

Right on! I've been into VW's for a long time, and I've noticed there are a LOT of VW guys into bikes. For some reason I was a bit slow on the uptake though. REALLY having fun with them now though!
Here's an older picture of my driver, it's an original EMPI GTV Beetle:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_ ... _id=393662
I also have an oval longterm project car, a late '55. I can't find any pics online though.

GTV said:
Right on! I've been into VW's for a long time, and I've noticed there are a LOT of VW guys into bikes. For some reason I was a bit slow on the uptake though. REALLY having fun with them now though!
Here's an older picture of my driver, it's an original EMPI GTV Beetle:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_ ... _id=393662
I also have an oval longterm project car, a late '55. I can't find any pics online though.
i love the wheels on it! sweet ride1

Thanks man! Came from the dealer with them back in '72. Along with the decals, extra gauges, short shifter, etc etc :) I did put 4 wheel discs on it with drop spindles and a whole lot of other things. Just finished rebuilding the engine for it, all early 70's performance parts.

Back