Hey guys, I'm RowBoat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! My name is Robert but most people call me RowBoat.

I've been wanting to get a cool old bike of some sort for a while now to ride around at car shows and to cruise around at different events and whatnot. Originally I was looking at old BMX bikes because I was very big into that stuff as a teenager. But I have a buddy that is really into old bikes and that kind of got me thinking that I might need a cruiser. And lo and behold, I ran across this Firestone Super Cruiser in a shed while looking looking for some car parts this gentleman had said he had. Obviously, I had to make an offer on it so, few days ago I went back and did some haggling, and bought this bike for eighty bucks. I've already made a little bit of progress on it but I'm still trying to get an idea as what I can do as far as wheels for it. Anywhoo, On to the pics!!

1X3oVQD.jpg

I hit that old tank with some aircraft stripper and magically this old paint appeared from beneath!! :lol: :lol:

QuqNZXH.jpg

welcome! I think you got a screamin deal on that one!
COOL BIKE!!
where ya from? :mrgreen:

WHOA!

Those tank graphics are in excellent shape!!!
Super sweet score!!!

Welcome to RRB!

Thanks guys! I'm from Tennessee btw

Yeah the tank was a total shocker to me! You can see what it looked like in the basket in the first picture. I was expecting it to be taken down to bare metal so whenever scraped off the paint and that old paint from underneath stayed there, I about crapped my pants!!

Here is a slightly more update picture, I'm in the process of striping the fenders and frame now so this pic was from yesterday.

W1AZNSD.jpg

Also, and I realize this may be the wrong thread to ask this but.. Does anyone have any advice for getting a nice new wheelset for this bike since my front forks are only 3.5 inches wide? I was looking at the 3G's but it says the hubs are 100mm wide and I'd like to keep my springer.

I totally missed the fender light in the first photo.
You should start up a build thread in the Build section.
I am very envious of your deal!!!!
That's a great bike!

Very cool bike Rowboat and welcome to the forum! I've lived in a few towns in Tennessee along the way - Madison, White House, Knoxville, & Kingsport. Nice folks down that way!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Back