Hercules.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may just be the angle of the pic, but check the seat tube on the frame for straightness, it looks like it is bent.

Wildcat said:
It may just be the angle of the pic, but check the seat tube on the frame for straightness, it looks like it is bent.
I will check it when I pick up the bike. If it is bent I have a spare seat tube. :)

I think you mean the seat stem, I was referring to the seat tube part of the frame that goes from the seat to the cranks.

That looks like it will clean up great, and at a fair price in that market, I'd think.
I can't tell about the seat tube from the pic - if it's not bad, it may be rideworthy or fixable anyway, but you should get a discount because of it.

We share the love of English bikes.
I have one very similar, being commissioned for a client, and my wife's robin Hood, both waiting for reassembly.
Half a dozen others in line after that - they are nice bikes to give new life to, and hard to let go of afterwards!

Good luck, will look out for the pictures.
Feel free to pm me if you have questions or anything.

So as promised here are my own photos of my new bike. :)
It's sturmey archer hub is dated 1962, it is AMF made and looks pretty much original besides the fact that someone painted over the chain guard with cheap paint. :/
DSCF5125.jpg

(The headbadge was hiding under tape)
DSCF5126.jpg

DSCF5127.jpg

DSCF5130.jpg

DSCF5131.jpg

DSCF5132.jpg

DSCF5133.jpg

Back