Hercules goes to town.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a ride on my Hercules today with my new cheapo camera. I ended up in the center of my town, Colchester Ct. I figured I'd snap some pics.

This is Bacon Academy which opened in 1803. It is no longer a school but now serves as the town museum.

test001.jpg

The Federated Church across from the Town Green.

test002-1.jpg

The Town Green.

test007.jpg

The 'Cruise to the Green' is a car show that happens the second Wednesday of rvery month from April thru October. If you live in Ct. check it out. Its one of the best in the state.

test005-1.jpg

This is the base of the town Christmas Tree. That conduit is for the lights. Every year they have a tree lighting celabration with a bonfire, hot chocolate, cider, popcorn and a skating rink, weather permitting. The highlight is when Santa arrives in a fire engine festooned in Christmas lights.

test009.jpg

Just down the road is 'Harry's', a cool little drive in restaurant tha's been around for like 80 years. I'm serious. It's a neat place to go especially on 'Cruise to the Green' night. It looks like something out of American Graffitti or something. I highly reccomend the fried calamari.

test010.jpg

Fore! A mile or so down the road is Chanticlair golf course. My son is in the same Cub Scout den as the owner's son. I should take up golf.

test012.jpg

A mile or two from there is the town dump and this crazy junk yard with all these very old cars. I saw some, I mean I heard there were some from as far back as the 20's. I wouldn't have seen them cause the sign says keep out and I wouldn't go snooping around. :roll:

test023.jpg

Honest, I wouldn't.

test018.jpg

Yeah, CT is full of these old abandoned places like this. There are more down the road from the Air Line Trail and several others along it in various spots. You don't have to look too far off the beaten path in most parts of the state to find something cool rotting away in a backyard somewhere. And no, it's never for sale.

That's a cool little ride. I hardly recognize that Hercules... man it's just so much cooler now!

Glad you were able to put it to good use.

Looking forward to riding with you again in your neighborhood and mine!

--Rob

Great pics, I love CT. All those awesome old buildings - "old" here is the 1950s!!! :lol:

Back