HENDECYCLE #1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just turned 17 yrs. old and this is my first build, so we'll have to see how it goes. I'm looking to build a motorized bicycle that looks pre 30s and is kind of in the style of a board track racer. I bought a huffy mountain bike from Deseret Industries thrift store about 3 weeks ago for 12 bucks.

Here is what I started with:

Photo2501.jpg

I stripped it all down, took off a bunch of junk, added some things, and made it single speed.

Photo2525.jpg

Photo2528.jpg

I took it all apart and traced out the frame. Then I drew up some plans and painted a little cardboard tank thing to see what it would look like. (although it might be a different color)

Photo2560.jpg

Then I put it all back together and made a cardboard tank to tape on and see what it would look like on the bike.

Photo2583.jpg

Photo2588.jpg

Photo2589.jpg

Photo2591.jpg

I have it all taken apart and I'm sand blasting it tomorrow, then I'm going to chop it up! Should be sweet!

Your design borders on genius. You can school some experienced builders with that bike.

I got it all taken apart and took it down to my buddy's house to get it sand blasted.

Photo2599.jpg

Photo2600.jpg

But we ran out of sand...

Photo2601-1.jpg

But I picked up some more sand and we'll finish it tomorrow! And hopefully I can get the piping and sheet metal soon too!

Lookin good, you are gonna cut and reweld that topbar, it must'nt remain a step through (aka girls bike) :shock:

I saw this in some guys truck at Walmart and it totally got me pumped to finish it! (Although mine will look a lot different, but it was still sweet!)

Photo2611.jpg

Chopped the top bar and made a new one.

Photo2612.jpg

Photo2613.jpg

Photo2614.jpg

Photo2615.jpg

Photo2616.jpg

Now for the curved bar at the bottom. And I'm hoping to find a place to cut up the sheet metal for the tank this week.

The guy that sand blasted it for me and is teaching me how to weld has a bunch of old cars, trucks and tractors, and he gave me this sweet old tractor headlight. I'm hoping to make it work for the bike somehow, I just don't know how to hook it up to some power. Does anyone have any ideas?

Photo2634.jpg

Photo2633.jpg

Love what you´re doing so far!!! That frame looks shhhweeet!! :lol:
But now we need to see that chopped truck too... :wink:

Well planned build!!!
I am diggin it!!

Is that a sixtys Chevy truck chopped ya got in the background?

I think we need to see some I.D. .. no self-respecting 17 year old today with bother with such .... :mrgreen: great job young man
uncle stretch is going to see this .. and head out to that new storage and cut up a bike.... cant wait to see finished

Back