Help with tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a link to a site with afordable 26"x1.75 " tires ? i'm looking for my monark build the walmart cruiser tires dont fit with in the fenders, im not looking for white walls b/c parts of the bike are ivory and it will throw it all off i would love to find all black or even maybe red/brown but i might not be able to afford the red/brown ones even if they do make them in the 1.75 size .
or does anyone have a matching decent set of old 26x1.75 " i sold mine to a friend that needed them before i knew the wally world ones wouldnt fit
thanks - HotRod Jen

This is going to sound odd but...look on Amazon.com. I just bought a set (different size) but there are literally hundreds of 26" tires of all dimensions to sort through and at all prices. And shipping was cheap ($6 I think for two tires). Of course there is the inevitable wait when you order something from the internet but 3-5 days is usually the norm to receive it.

Kenda has some I believe. BTW: i just test fitted 2 different 26 x 2,125 tires last night on the same rim, the kenda's were 1-5/8" inflated, some random vintage white walls were 2" inflated and my Quick Bricks are 2-1/4" inflated. Lots of variation out there.

Good luck!

That same Michelin is $13.43 on Niagara, page 17 or 18 of the 26" tires. (26 x 1.75)

Thanks, they look like good tires for the street or trail.

It's slow here at work so I have time to surf the web. I put a pair of 20" Michelins on my bike E. They are great and only 10 bucks each. I didn't get them from Niagara, but I did get a bunch of tires from Niagara before with no problems.

Jen, I've found Kenda 26x2.125 tires to be smaller than normal 26x2.125's and fit a middle weight nicely. Though it's not full fendered this is a set on my first build here. I think they fill the fenders out better than 26x1.75's. Rims need to fairly true though!

Back