help with info on hub

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it is a 2 speed kickback hub, but there are no markings on it saying who made it. Seems there is a grease fitting on it too? Hopefully someone on here knows something about it. Thanks.

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0473.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg

This appears to be a Fichtel & Sachs type single speed hub from Germany or Austria. Some similar ones were made in England as well.

Thank you. I tinkered with the wheel a little and found out it is a 2 speed kickback with coaster brake.

Yeah, that is one of my concerns. once i get to that point i will try to figure something out. this one is on the back burner for now, I have about 8 other projects before I can begin on this one.

Torpedo 2-speed? thats the first one I've seen that looked like that... must be a really early model.. :roll:

I just got the same hub from Double Nickle for the UCB Hub Project. I haven't torn into it yet, I looked it over and assumed it was just an unmarked Komet Super based on the shape of the hub shell. Now I will need to take a closer look at it. Watch for the rebuild thread coming soon.

udallcustombikes said:
I just got the same hub from Double Nickle for the UCB Hub Project. I haven't torn into it yet, I looked it over and assumed it was just an unmarked Komet Super based on the shape of the hub shell. Now I will need to take a closer look at it. Watch for the rebuild thread coming soon.

Wow. Thank you very much!!! That hub project is awesome.

Ill back up my first assessment and say "Single Speeder"!!
But now all us hub lovers wanted to be proved wrong, not proved right!! New finds are too much fun.

Back