Help to Save Anno

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have a black anno seat post that has black spray bomb paint on it.. I need to remove the paint without harming the anno color..
Any help would be appreciated..

Hey... wish I could help you on this one. TBH, I think I'd try hitting it with the green scrubbie sponge on one end, and see how it goes.... just test it out way at the tip, so if you end up scuffing the ano, you;ll know without damaging the visible parts. Some ppl are just too dumb to live; who spray bombs the same color over good anodizing? Like I said, I don't have any good advice on you; i just told you what I'd do if it were me. So, uh,
TTT

-rob

Yeah I have no idea WHY.!! would they spray paint these things.. Easy way out to do a quick fix..
I'll try to do the scrubbie pad test and see what results I get but will try other ideas as they come also..

U might want to ask at the Classic & Vintage forum on bikeforums. You'll get 12 guys who will tell you it ain't "worth it", but 1 or 2 guys will have been thru this already.... they can tell you what to do (and what not to do....)

I know there's a fix for this problem and its just a matter asking the person(s) that had been there to fix it.. I know there has to be a way..
I'll check with those guys also.
Thanks again

reaching for straws here, but would a solvent remove the paint and not damage the ano as the anodizing is deeper in the metal vs. on the surface of the metal like paint?

Try.........
logo9w.png
seems there is some off the wall questions answered. Worth a shot

I was thinking of using solvent or even acetone to see if this might work but If it doesn't then will go to next suggestion on the list to try..
Thanks guys for all your input.

Ok so I finaly had a chance to try and see if I could do some paint removal on my black anno flutted seat post.. So I tried some solvant and it worked but with some effort.. didn't quite come as easy I would hope but it did come off... I wish I knew what kind of paint they used cuz if it would have been spray bomb it would have came off really easy with just one wipe off with solvent... Also as you can see I have to work in the flutted part to remove the spay paint too.. Here some pictures and as you can see the difference.

Your life sucks! :crazy: I didn't realize the post was fluted. Glad to see the paint's coming off but leaving the ano intact...
Oop's.!!! Did I forget to mention that it was flutted.. Haha... I did, didn't I.!!
Yeah the paint is coming off but slowly and anno is left untouched.. well worth the work..

Latest posts

Back