help me lower my cruiser!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anybody know where I can get or how I can make some brackets to mount to the rear dropouts to raise the rear wheel to lower the bike?

You mean something like this but just rotated up a bit to drop the back?

100_3395.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=26175&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=extended+dropouts&start=225

Or this one:

strlnr018.jpg

viewtopic.php?t=16898

There are plenty of ways of doing it, but these are some examples of bolt on ones. Just rememeber to check your chainline is clear with the bike as low as you want it to be.

The easiest way to lower you bike is fit smaller wheels... :wink: My favourite way involves a grinder and a welder, then you can end up with something like this:

reallowstingray.jpg

Just please attach your brake arm to something if you are running a coaster brake, that thing is an accident waiting to happen!

Luke.

Or you could do this :

Black arrows is were you break the welds or saw by hand slowly green arrow is where you push up on. Red arrows is were you push up on to re form canto arms or you could cut the excess off and then re weld. Green arrow axle pivots up, frame lowers down.

Some of the first ones are exactly what I was talking about. Now, had I known that somebody had replied I would have replied sooner. I'm not quite sure yet how this all works, but how do you subscribe to someones post and how can you tell if somebody responds to yours? :oops:

outsider13 said:
Or you could do this :

Black arrows is were you break the welds or saw by hand slowly green arrow is where you push up on. Red arrows is were you push up on to re form canto arms or you could cut the excess off and then re weld. Green arrow axle pivots up, frame lowers down.
New a old man that dropped bikes like this back in the 80s, his bikes road great!

DirtyD said:
Some of the first ones are exactly what I was talking about. Now, had I known that somebody had replied I would have replied sooner. I'm not quite sure yet how this all works, but how do you subscribe to someones post and how can you tell if somebody responds to yours? :oops:
At the bottom of a thread you will see a black bar with three options: Board index, Subscribe topic, Bookmark topic. If you press subscribe topic, it will email you whenever a reply is posted. :wink:

Luke.

someone here on RRB once used old disc brake pads bolted on to lower his rear wheel. pretty slick, and very ratty.

edit found it:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38717&

Back