Help identifying my new, to me, frame **w/Pics**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently acquired a new frame which I plan to use a klunker. When I picked it up from the local bike kitchen it had been spray painted several different colors, and seems to have had no decals. It is a cantilever frame, came stock (I think) with a straight tubular bmx/cruiser style fork, uses a 1" seatpost, and has an 8 digit serial number, located on the BB and reads M757450**. Any ideas as to what this might be, or have been? I'm mostly just curious.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Help identifying my new, to me, frame

post a pic.
i'm sure somebody will know.

icyuod2 said:
post a pic.
i'm sure somebody will know.

A picture, in most places, is worth a thousand words.

Here, it's worth a MILLION! 8)

As Icy said, I am pretty confident that someone could identify it with a pic.

As soon as the paint dries I will post a picture of the bicycle in question. Are there specific photos that would help?

2e0s0hc.jpg

Bottom bracket, fender bridge, axle drop-outs, top tube to seatpost and head tube connections, preferably with as many elements that you can get in one shot, i.e. one good shot of the whole thing.

deorman said:
Bottom bracket, fender bridge, axle drop-outs, top tube to seatpost and head tube connections, preferably with as many elements that you can get in one shot, i.e. one good shot of the whole thing.

Hrmmm, I don't think I can fit all those into one shot... I may have to do combos of them.. ie TT to ST, ST to seat stay, drop out to to chain stay.. ect...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They don't have to be in one picture. One of the whole frame to get a good overall view. Then pictures of each element. The junction at the bottom bracket tends to be very distinct amoung makes. As does the rear dropouts, or the seat tube junction.

It's not an old Schwinn, that's for sure. I can see the welds where the top tube meets the head tube. Gary

B607 said:
It's not an old Schwinn, that's for sure. I can see the welds where the top tube meets the head tube. Gary

Also looks like a larger downtube. Older American cruisers *typically* (I use that loosely) had 1 inch tubing for the downtube / toptube / seatpost tube- at least as far as I know. The welds look kinda MIG (hard to tell from that picture), but that's a more recent thing too. Most older American cruisers were brass brazed.

EDIT: Your images don't seem to be working.

Sorry about the bad links.

The seat tube is 1-1/8" OD, and takes a 1" seat post. Definitely not a Schwinn, not by a long shot. Welds are ugly, although it appears that someone at some point may have rewelded a couple contact points as there are gloppy weld sections at the ST/arc contact point and the rear "brake bridge" on the left side also.

Sinner, thanks for the link. Yours definately looks cooler with that gusset at the HT-DT intersection. The rest look similar to mine (as I am sure every Chinese made cruiser does) but none really match it well. My forks aren't chrome, nor were they ever as I verified when I stripped it to paint. Also, not sure what the others have, but this one has a 1" JIS headtube w/ 27.0 crown race, as opposed to a OPC/BMX bike. The earth cruisers all appear to have a triangle cutout in the rear dropout and mine has a circle.

Could it be a newer (late '90's) Schwinn? The dropouts and lower rear stays are definitely Schwinn-ish...

Back