help for mr. Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC01574.jpg

so I have started to strip down the 50's jc higgins. I love the beehive springer. I'm going to put on 3 x 24's with black rims and spokes. I teach at a middle school and I've got some boys working on getting the frame sanded in shop class. (don't tell my principal) I'm kind of up in the air about a color for the frame. I have seen so many cool things on this site that it makes it hard to decide. bars are also an issue. I'd love to do a funky kind of light on it also. Karfer has done some nice things with head and rear lights. So chime in boys and tell me what you think. and oh...drop and give me twenty!!

Hey Coach, what about a bumblebee or honeybee color combo and paint that beehive to look like a ...... beehive! It'd be the bee's knees! :mrgreen: Get some of these electronic gurus on here or at your school to tell ya how to build a beebuzzing sound for a horn!

Great looking bike no matter what you do! Can't wait to see it done!
Chainsaw

Man, I have always wanted to do an orange frame, that would look awesome on that bike. Something like this but do the fork in black

vid_745_001.jpg

frame

I have thought at times of doing a bright orange, kind of like a dukes of hazzard orange with a black fork. I might even just leave it grey primer. can you powder coat something that has been chromed or do you have to blast the chrome off?

Re: frame

coach j said:
I have thought at times of doing a bright orange, kind of like a dukes of hazzard orange with a black fork. I might even just leave it grey primer. can you powder coat something that has been chromed or do you have to blast the chrome off?

Yes it can be done. I was told it depends on the quality of the chrome whether they just rough it up or remove it completely.

"Man, I have always wanted to do an orange frame, that would look awesome on that bike. Something like this but do the fork in black"

Socal,

I am with you on this one. There is no color scheme I love more. I have always wanted to do a bike in this theme and never gotten around to it.

Black rims, white letter tires, maybe some purple pin stripes or flames...

Back