Help dating a "Treasure" brand "Monterey" model 3-speed mens bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Compared to most stuff on here this isn't particularly special... but I think it's neat. Riding it brought me back to the day of my early teens riding my moms Schwinn 3 speed in Georgia in the 70's. The tires are cracked but are holding air, the brakes function and it shifts. Both the shifter and brakes are iffy, mostly because the cables are sticky. The seat has a "Troxel" badge on the back. Very little pitting, what you see on the chrome is mostly dust and grime from storage. Backstory, this belonged to my girlfriends mom, who passed a few years ago. It's been sitting in storage for many years as you can tell. My guess it's from the 70's

Anyone know anything about this brand "Treasure"? Sold at Sears, KMart, Ames, Bradlees, box store? Vintage? Couldn't find squat on via Google. I offered to sell it curbside for my girfreind and don't want to let it go for dirt, ....unless it's pretty much dirt. It's not a high end bike by any means. Hope someone here can help. Be glad to upload more photos if needed.

Attachments

• Right Side 1.jpg
    Right Side 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • Left Side 2.jpg
    Left Side 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Right Side Back 3.jpg
    Right Side Back 3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Seat Tube Label 4.jpg
    Seat Tube Label 4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Steering Tube Badge 5.jpg
    Steering Tube Badge 5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Shifter 6.jpg
    Shifter 6.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
The BMA sticker would indicate that the earliest it could be is 1973. Nothing special about these. Just a basic city 3 speed bike. No collectable value. If in working condtion, depending on market, I would guess a sale value of $40-80. Not sure who had the Treasure badge, doesn't ring a bell. But it is definitely Murray built.

The BMA sticker would indicate that the earliest it could be is 1973. Nothing special about these. Just a basic city 3 speed bike. No collectable value. If in working condtion, depending on market, I would guess a sale value of $40-80. Not sure who had the Treasure badge, doesn't ring a bell. But it is definitely Murray built.

Thank you, confirms my search results! My first instinct was to put it curbside for $40, maybe someone with passion and time can get it roadworthy. I've got the passion, but not the time ;)

Back