Hello straightbarjay here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow bike fiends!!! Been on the site for a few months and just wanted to say hello!!
I am a jet mechanic living in Las Vegas...

Right now I am in the process of building a (u guessed it) straightbar schwinn.
It is based on a 50 panther frame and fork. The dogleg crank and chainring are from an ACE and it has an NOS cycletuck seat. Tires are Hank's and the seatpost clamp is Campagnolo!!! I have never seen another campy post clamp like it before...
The rims are sun rhyno lites laced to new departure model D blackouts. I still need the front hub so I am on the prowl for a front 36 hole ND blackout to finish the wheelset! Wish I could find NOS or a really nice one.
straightbar.jpg

I used to have an OG 59 Wasp, (stolen) and currently have an all original 53 Black Phantom stashed away in Northern Cali!!
been thinking of strippin it down and havin a little fun with it...but don't worry, wouldnt do anything that couldn't be put back to OG ;O)

Jay :mrgreen:

Welcome aboard Jay! Campagnolo seatpost clamp, seriously? I know they made a handful of BMX components, did they made clamps to fit Schwinn's weird seat tube size?

Bunbury said:
Welcome aboard Jay! Campagnolo seatpost clamp, seriously? I know they made a handful of BMX components, did they made clamps to fit Schwinn's weird seat tube size?
Hey Thanks! I will post some pics of the clamp soon...

Back