Hello from sunny(?)England

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all-

Ooh, feels a bit like writing a resume, this! Here goes!
My real name's Chris, I'm 31, I live on a narrowboat on the Kennet & Avon canal just outside Reading, England with my dog (see avatar - he's a handsome boy, just like his dad! :p ). I work part time for the family business, and part time as a student.
I've always been interested in bikes and fixing/modifying things generally, and the most satisfying ones have been the ones I've improved and adapted so they suited me better.
Ever since I was a little kid I've ridden weirdly customised bikes, it's brilliant to see other people who are doing similar things.
Can't wait to meet you all.

Chris

Cheers!
Here's Drifter, my boat, on one of the rare occasions when there weren't any bikes on the roof:

drifter.jpg

Welcome to Ratdom. Cool boat. When I was in London I was very intrigued by the canal boats. We staying above a pub by Regents Park. We did the canal tour to Little Italy.

I'll get onto the Grand Union myself, when the weather's a bit better. Haven't been into London for ages.

WELCOME!.......Living on a boat.........I'm jealous. :mrgreen:

WELCOME!! don't know how close i was, but i spent christmas & boxing day in Bath. we walked down to the Avon, and checked out the Abbey and the park.
we were in Amsterdam just days before :mrgreen: your home reminds me of the house-boats out there.
i'd love to see more pictures when you get them!
cheers!

Bath's the other end of the canal I'm on 60-odd miles away. One hour by car, one week by boat.
Thanks for comparing my boat to a Dutch Barge! They're very upmarket compared to us narrowboaters!

I'd love to have a houseboat, saw a program once where a guy built a small house on a barge, that he picked up reasonably. Your avatar looks like my dog, Quanah, (my user name), who's been gone from this planet for many years, best dog ever, I still miss him daily!

hubgearfreak said:
how different is your life to mine chris, i guess that there's no wife & no kids in that boat?

jolly glad to see you've found this place, welcome aboard old bean :mrgreen:
Good lord! Is that the handlebarred zealot? :shock:
Pleasure to see you dear chap. 8)
Alas, there's no Mrs Chris667. I longed for the patter of tiny feet, so I got a dog. Cheaper, and you get twice as many feet. :wink:
Quanah said:
I'd love to have a houseboat, saw a program once where a guy built a small house on a barge, that he picked up reasonably. Your avatar looks like my dog, Quanah, (my user name), who's been gone from this planet for many years, best dog ever, I still miss him daily!
Was this Grand Designs? I saw that the other day.
I have a much more transient lifestyle than proper houseboaters, Drifter has to move!
Do you still have a dog?

Back