hello from pa.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, i an 55 yrs old and in the early 1960's a friend of mine had a sears spaceliner (the first add) with a bendix red band 2 speed!

from there i always wanted a bicycle with a 2 speed red band. i always like the red bands. well this year i found 3 bikes with 2 speed

red bands and i bought a 2 speed red band hub at a bicycle swap meet in jan. all this year! the bikes are a 1959 fridreck cadillac made

in cleaveland, ohio. the frame and the bendix 2 speed are the only old parts on it. a schwinn 1964 racer that i got at a car swap meet

in may. i got this bike cheap , i had to rebuild the 2 speed ,it did not shift and the disk brakes tips were broke and there were no

fenders on it plus no head badge on it. a bike shop near where i live had all the parts i needed! i rebuilt the 2 speed

myself! works great! the 3rd bike is a 1961 schwinn corvette! i found it at a house sale this summer. the only thing new was the tires.

i was very lucky to find this bike. 2 speed works great!

the historian

Welcome!......We like pictures. :D

Here are two of my bikes. The first photo is the bendix two speed redband on the Schwinn Corvette. The second photo is the 1961 Schwinn Corvette. The third photo is the 1964 Schwinn Racer. I will put the Fredrick Cadilac bike up at a later time.

the historian

bike3.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike1.jpg

i found my corvette this summer at a gararge sale. i was very lucky to be at the right place at the right time. the only thing new on it are the tires.

they are schwinn tires.

the historian

thanks, the racer has a red band 2 speed on it. it was in bad shape when i got it. the brakes kept going backwards

the 2 speed did not go into low gear, and the tires were bad. no fenders on it. took the 2 speed apart and the disk

were bad , the brake clutchs were bad ,one spring, and the ab 26 index spring , were all replace. a bike shop near where

i live had all the parts. got it all back together. did it myself. this was the first time i ever took a bendix red band

apart. i made the mud flaps from stair treads. i did not do a thing to the corvette. the 2 speed red band works.

the historian

Back