Hello from Northeast England

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, my name's Will and i'm from Newcastle upon Tyne in northeast England. I'm a furniture maker and into anything retro, especially classic cars and mid century modern furniture :) . I have two "vintage" british bmxs which I mildly customized, a Raleigh Bomber (24" cruiser type thingy), and I've recently started my first ever Rat Rod build (which is why I'm here :lol: ) . When I'm not messing around with bikes I'm usually fiddling with my '72 Rover 3500, commonly known as a P6. Anyway, I'm trying to keep this short and sweet so I'll leave the intro there. I look forward to "meeting" you all :D

Will

deven_science said:
Welcome... and remember one of the big rules here... "Pictures, or it didn't happen!"

:lol: I understand fully!

Here's a couple of poor quality photos taken from my phone as I don't have a decent camera :oops:
Dunno if here is the right place to post them? But I can add more when I get some decent shots taken

Here's my '82 Raleigh Bomber. Stem, handlebars, saddle and chainwheel/sprocket are non original but I prefer it like this :)
bomber_on_site_zps8fe34ebd.jpg

My customised BMXs hanging on the rack, one is a '83 Raleigh Mag Burner, the other is a '82 Tensor Cycles 'BMX Magnum'. Neither of these are particularly good bikes, but then again I never did aspire to much when I was a kid! :lol:
bmx_stand_zps02e6b58f.jpg

This is an extra frame gusset I welded into the Tensor Magnum to strengthen the pretty weak frame:
seatpost_gusset.jpg

Two more shots of the BMXs
magnum.jpg

burner.jpg

And here's the bikes before I customised them, I tried to be sympathetic in their customisation and keep them looking old school:
BMXmagnum.jpg

burner_mag.jpg

You'll notice both are loop-tails. I love loop-tailed frames! :D 8)
Hope you like them
Cheers, Will

Will

Hey Will,

I like the Bomber Raleigh. I just restored a matched pair of Raleigh Sports for some friends and I picked up a '62 Dunelt for myself... not RatRods but they are really nice riding bikes.

Glad you enjoyed your time in Wisconsin and thanks for the welcome on my post!

Ted

Here's the Dunelt, still need to fix her up and find a nice Brooks Seat 8)

dunelt%20copy.jpg

Hi Ted, that Dunelt is a good looking bike. I take it that's a Sturmey Archer 3 speed fitted? The Bomber also has this set up, I really like them :) . I must confess I'd never heard of Dunelt bikes so had to do a quick google search. I see they also made motorcycles..and they're English too!. I don't know why I haven't come across this manufacturer before? :oops: . Yeah, a Brooks would set that bike off nicely. I was going to buy a nice Brooks for my Raleigh Bomber but used a Dutch Lepper Concorde instead, just to be different :lol:

Will

Hi Will! Nice to see a fellow North Easterner!! I'm from Co. Durham! Your Bomber looks great! Sure you will fit in here!!

Welcome Will.
Nice work on the BMXs they look very cool.
I'm from a bit further over (north west... Kendal)
Loving the Bomber. I coveted them shamelessly when they were new... never got one though :(

Ditto here Bodge! I have a real urge for one!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

Bodge Deep said:
Welcome Will.
Nice work on the BMXs they look very cool.
I'm from a bit further over (north west... Kendal)
Loving the Bomber. I coveted them shamelessly when they were new... never got one though :(

Thanks for the welcome and kind comments. Kendal's lovely, I've had a few nice drives over to there. Yeah, the Bomber's one of those bikes I wanted as a kid. I selfishly bought it as a birthday present to myself only a few months ago :lol: . I've been watching them go for silly money on ebay recently :shock:

Will

Boris said:
Hi Will! Nice to see a fellow North Easterner!! I'm from Co. Durham! Your Bomber looks great! Sure you will fit in here!!

Cheers Boris. I almost missed your post there! Whereabouts in Durham are you? I'm from south of the river originally...Gateshead! :lol:

Will

Next time I'm in Newcastle we will have to meet with the bikes!! :)

That would be great! Keep us posted of any bike or non-bike events you might be going to and I'll do the same! Bodge Deep always keeps us posted on any interesting weekends away!

Latest posts

Back