Hello from Maryland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I just joined and jumped right in without introducing myself! I received a bike rescued from a shed from my father, who thought it looked old and cool and knew I liked vintage things. Well, that started something! The bike he gave me had a little motorbike engine on it and had been painted up to look sort of like a Hopalong Cassidy, but it actually turned out to be a 1939 Schwinn DX. I had it restored and love it, but I couldn't get the idea of the Hoppy out of my head. So...eBay. Found a frame and it was on again!

Now I'm interested in finding a couple of vintage kids' bikes and fixing them up myself for my two kids, who are 5 and 7. My dad is a welder and mechanic, so I have a little bit of a head start, and I learn something new all the time!

Cindy

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Seabird Cindy, welcome to the site! It is always laid back and friendly around here. Nobody giving out grief for a lack of intro. Cindy, a lady, I'm guessing? Check out some of the work that our most famous female member has done @Funkme. A very nice lady who can flat out build a bike!!

Seabird Cindy, welcome to the site! It is always laid back and friendly around here. Nobody giving out grief for a lack of intro. Cindy, a lady, I'm guessing? Check out some of the work that our most famous female member has done @Funkme. A very nice lady who can flat out build a bike!!
I can't wait to look at her work! Shawn at Vintage Spokes is also a woman. I'm thrilled to see women doing this so well, and also appreciate being welcomed here so readily. It can be a little scary venturing into new territory!

Sorry about the multiple posts (all saying the same thing). I was having a thumb wrestling contest with my computer.... and it WAS winning.

Welcome to the forum! Where about in Maryland do you hale?

I can't wait to look at her work! Shawn at Vintage Spokes is also a woman. I'm thrilled to see women doing this so well, and also appreciate being welcomed here so readily. It can be a little scary venturing into new territory!

Welcome Cindy, don't mind the boys,thr harmless and full of fun.They will help you with ideas and how to every step of the way...
Glad to see another women join the site.Momma Jats is also another female builder and Jane says(she ran off with a few prizes in this years comp...

Welcome to the forum! Where about in Maryland do you hale?
I'm on the Eastern Shore, near Salisbury. Very nice for riding!
Welcome Cindy, don't mind the boys,thr harmless and full of fun.They will help you with ideas and how to every step of the way...
Glad to see another women join the site.Momma Jats is also another female builder and Jane says(she ran off with a few prizes in this years comp...

Welcome to RRB Seabird. My dad's side of the family is from the Shore. Most of them live around Salisbury now, but are from Berlin, Pocomoke City, Pittsville, etc. If you need any parts, I am always open to trades for Fisher's Caramel Corn.

Kingfish, I see you're in Savannah! My family's in Southeast Georgia too, mainly around Folkston. That's where I come from. Funny coincidence.

We must be long lost cousins. :banana:

I'm on the Eastern Shore, near Salisbury. Very nice for riding!

Oh, cool! I haven't been up in that area for over 30 years. I lived in Virginia Beach on Shore Drive when I was a teenager and my girlfriend lived in Woodbridge, VA until last year when I got her moved up to PA. We are both from Elizabeth City, NC and were OBXer's growing up.

In your original post, you said you were interested in a child's bike. Here's one in Brooklyn Park--Firestone badged.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/bop/5286158469.html

00k0k_5F0RO3BPtjX_600x450.jpg

Latest posts

Back