hello from Ilocos Norte, the Philippines

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, im from the northern Philippines, im a full time government employee. i restored a baloon tire bike cruiser (the yellow schwinn) piece by piece from the junk shops here and later frustrated because i cant find all the right parts. Anyways, i tried to assemble it to rider- road worthy condition and been using it around the town. and since then I got alot of offers to buy old 'skeleton' baloon bikes here instead of selling it to the junk shops. :D .

im very happy to find this site, it boost my interest to restore vintage bikes... the right way.

here are my bikes.

IMG_9441.jpg

roland

thank you...

@ randy
= okey, ill will post some pics my military bike there..

@ratfink
- yea, the best bike forum indeed!...
- most of them still ended in the junkshops because by then, i want at least 75% of the bike is intact. :D

roland

uyyy pareng boggie salamat hahaha...... cant ride a mountain bike dahil sa rayuma! kaya ito nalang heheh slow moving vintage bikes at cruising speed around the town .. nice meeting you here bro.

roland

fireproof thanks for the welcome.

yes pareng boogie, based ako sa Ilocos Norte, infact im a fulltime government employee of the Prov. Govt. pasyal ka dito! :D

roland

cashman said:
Welcome!!!

How far are you from San Fabian?

thanks bro... San Fabian is about 250 km south of my place. Are you from Pangasinan?

roland

matagal na rin pareng boogie... there are still some old american bikes here but not roadworthy anymore.. worthy for the junkshops actually... i tried to restore an old vintage but im frustrated because i cant complete one .. i just dont have the right parts for such. Anyways, my bikes are ride-able. I have saved (taken from junkshops) some american vintage parts such as rims, frame , forks etc.. for future build hehehe :mrgreen:

roland

rolandROSS said:
cashman said:
Welcome!!!

How far are you from San Fabian?

thanks bro... San Fabian is about 250 km south of my place. Are you from Pangasinan?

roland

I'm from Alabama. I went with my Dad to Manila back in the '70's. He attended a 30 year reunion of his US Army Division that was there during WWII. We also went to San Fabian and Nsugbu. Show us some pics of some Jeepney's. Some guys on here will get a kick out of those. Thanks!!!

ohh im sorry sir cashman i thought you were a filipino that migrated to alabama :mrgreen:

thre are just few jeepneys here in my province unlike in other provinces and in Manila which are so popular means of tranportation... Mini buses are more popular here.. anyways, ill try to post a pic of the famous jeepney for you.

roland

Hey cashman maybe i can do that for you. Right now im here in Negros Occidental, in the city of Bacolod. I will be in Manila during the christmas holidays and for sure will be going to the hub of jeepneys. maybe in shoot some pictures of those fabled jeepneys and post it here so that you can enjoy it.

Pareng roland meron ako dito 1952 firestone super cruiser. baka matulungan moko? need ko tangke, chain guard and fenders. bake meron dyan. also, pare baka may pwede ka pa makuha dyan na mga frame, kahit yun lang. ano meron ka dyan na nakastock sayo?

Hey roland! thanks no problem man! I'm just an old country boy from Alabama and yes there are native Filipino here. I'd love to return and visit one day but it's a haul and even with a package deal, takes some serious coin to get there and back nowdays. It's a beautiful country with an amazing history.

Hey boogieman. Thank you in advance for that! When I was there, there were still quite a few of the original jeepneys on the road. I'll never forget hanging on the back of one going through Manila as long as I live! Are you going to be near Rizal Park while in Manila?

Thanks all !!!

David

Back