Hello from Cleveland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... city that used to have massive bicycle industry. Well, it still has some enthusiasts :) My name is Luka and I believe my wife Erika has already introduced herself a few weeks ago. We fell in love with old bicycles and currently our count is 11 of them which will need a lot of love and care. Some of them we have already cleaned up, some are still waiting for their turn. Currently, I am meticulously cleaning my Tiger Schwinn and so far so good. Here are a few pictures of before and after. Just two for now :) It is getting along slowly.

Have a good one!
Luka

Before:
Schwinn_restoration_015.jpg

After:
schwinn_for_web.jpg

Welcome aboard! That Schwinn chrome was great back then. You may find plenty of my favorite bikes, CWC Roadmasters there in barns and sheds. I'm originally from Cleveland and grew up in Sandusky in the 60's. Nothing like riding bikes all summer long going anywhere we wanted.

Thank you. I hope for such a find, so far I could really rarely find something here, most is picked up by more experienced pickers. I still hope for some sweet finds, but before then ... well today we just got 5 pounds of citric acid in the mail, so some bike parts are going into the bath :)

Thank you... here are the pics before and after my Tiger. Now starting work on the Fleet.
Before:
schwinn_before.jpg

Before2:
schwinn_before_1jpg.jpg

Before3:
schwinn_before2jpg.jpg

After (many many hours):
schwinn_after.jpg

After2:
schwinn_after1.jpg

After3:
schwinn_after1.jpg

Soooooo happy! :)

Thanks! This one is a late bloomer for Tigers (hence the good decals). It was made in 1966.

Back