Hello from Canada

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody

My name is Patrick. I've been watching this site for a few years now and decided to join (finally)
let me tell you a bit about myself, my love of bikes started when one day I completely dismantled and reassembled my very first bike.
I was 10 years old. My love of modifying started in high school, it was 1997, that's when i chopped my first bike and here is the result
my baby3.jpg

i did all the welding in shop class on one condition. My teacher said i had to use the TIG for one part. so these forks are the one and only thing i ever TIG welded and i only got one half inch of bead to look nice. that day i only had the front of the bike stretched and I had to ride it almost 12 km to get it home. it was a brutal learning experience. the bike got a lot easier to ride after i stretched the back end. the body work is sheet metal and fiberglass and the pedals only have half inch of clearance (sudden bumps in the side walk have jarred me a few times) I've build lots of bikes since then my early inspiration came from the BikeRod and Kustom site and the Choppercabras
(which i joined) and the web site i made is still there surprisingly enough. there is not much there and its kinda embarrassing but if you wanna see it http://www.members.shaw.ca/chopaholic/

One of my next creations was this
ho-mobile.JPG

i learned a lot from this bike like what not to do and make sure the dropouts face the right way before you weld on the fork brace

then there was my first tall bike
1the new beast of bogmir.jpg

sorry for the bad pic quality
The Beast - 06.jpg

here it is again with the same handle bars as the other bike the original bars broke while i was riding it (these bars have seen a few different bikes and i still have them) during all this time i was also working on a trike this was also a learning experience
trike no seat or bars.JPG

before these forks i had another set that broke on me during a long test drive and i had to push the trike for quite a few kilometers to get it home
The Trike (The Bruiser) - 04.JPG
The Trike (The Bruiser) - 10.JPG

this is my first really nice creation. Named The Bruiser, she won me my first three show and shines and i still have her
i may want to get her back on the road later on but one thing is keeping from doing so. A large flaw. a mistake i made during the very first steps of fabrication. when i welded the two first frame bits together i didn't check to see if the head tube was straight and not the front tire is something like 5or 6 inches off center

i will take a break from posting right now but there are a lot of bikes that came out of my shop (build by me and others) that i would like to show you

thanks for taking the time to read all of this
Patrick

Here are more bikes that came out of my garage. Some are mine and some belong to my friends but i had a hand in building all of them
(mostly welding)
Forks McGee - 06.JPG
i112849328_38352.jpg
Seller - 05.jpg
The Beef - 01.JPG

two of these bikes were mine (the first and third) but i only held on to one of them

even more bikes
this is Thor...
and if your wondering yes that is a solid steel wheel from an exercise bike i eventually but a regular BMX front end on it
it makes the best thundering noise going down the street especially when hopping on manhole covers

Thor - 02.JPG
this is Mini Thor
Mini Thor - 009.jpg

up next is my other tall bike "The Gutter Cleaner"
Gutter Cleaner - 02.JPG

this was a dangerous bike to ride. About 6 feet Tall (to the seat), no breaks, and prone to pop wheelies
and for fun one more of the monstrosities that i have built
here is "Boaty" short for "Front wheel drive rear steering boat monster"
Boaty - 01.jpg
t
Boaty - 04.jpg

Back