Hello everyone

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Elmer. I'm 58, divorced & had a couple of strokes, so I don't get around so good. I lost my home & my car before I got approved for disability. Now I have a nice apartment & I decided to build a bike. I wasn't sure what a rat rod was. I started to build a customized cruiser. Yesterday & today I've been soaking up all sorts of knowledge & inspitation from RatRodsBikes. And I may not know what a rat rod is, but there is one in my living room!

I'll post photos of the whole saga in the near future, so you can all see what I mean.

Thanks for a great group ! Elmer

From one 58yr old to another, WELCOME!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.
Your'e right. There were 3 bikes in my living room. I got 2 at auction for $14. One was a 76 Rahleigh Sprite in super condition for $5. I got a great Raleigh bell and an alloy rack from Switerland Rahleigh installed new. My cousin, who helped me get my first project home, was bitten and looking at 29ers at WalMart. I gave him the 27 in Rahleigh and he's thrilled. I also bought a 26 in. older Huffy middleweight. She belonged to a lady named Evelyn, complete with license plate and flowered plastic basket. The forum and gallery are addictive and inspirational. I think old Evelyn will make a great board track racer. (Flying Evelyn !?)
I'm not riding well yet, so I've been looking at trikes.
Wish I could work, so I could get a part-time job to buy bikes & parts!
I needed a new form of insanity, since I can't do much woodworking in my apartment. I made a new friend who takes me to his nice shop about once a month for a fix.
This and "the cabe " are driving me nuts. It's wonderful :D .

Now there are 2 bikes in my living room, and parts. Any source for 26 in. middleweight tires in white ? Shipping from Chaingang a little steep. Closest LBS is 20 miles away. Help always appreciated.

I'm glad I'm not the only youngster on the site. Thanks again! Elmer

Latest posts

Back