Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been on a Collegiate/Speedster kick this summer. among other things, I picked up a girls' '68 Collegiate Deluxe with a complete generator headlight and taillight set. generator was completely frozen up. so I bought a couple of $1 LED flashlights at Dollar General and was able to do this:
20160805_211708.jpg

please excuse my pathetic soldering skills
20160805_203540s.jpg

20160805_205132s.jpg

20160805_213608s.jpg

I lucked out and found a real brick-and-mortar Radio Shack still in business in Morgantown, WV when we moved my daughter into her apartment at WVU this weekend. Bought the switch for the headlight and the mono jack to quick-disconnect the taillight for battery changes. Don't laugh too hard, but that piece of black metal with the louvers was cut from the side of a derelict toaster oven. And the bracket holding the taillight was a front fender bracket from a Black Friday Krate.
20160809_133551s.jpg

20160809_133705s.jpg

20160809_133749s.jpg

not as powerful as some of the setups I've seen here, but this is my first lighting project. it's fun, i'd like to keep playing with stuff like this...
20160809_133530s.jpg

20160808_235521s.jpg

--rick

Last edited:
I've been on a Collegiate/Speedster kick this summer. among other things, I picked up a girls' '68 Collegiate Deluxe with a complete generator headlight and taillight set. generator was completely frozen up. so I bought a couple of $1 LED flashlights at Dollar General and was able to do this:
View attachment 31543

View attachment 31544
View attachment 31545
View attachment 31546

I lucked out and found a real brick-and-mortar Radio Shack still in business in Morgantown, WV when we moved my daughter into her apartment at WVU this weekend. Bought the switch for the headlight and the mono jack to quick-disconnect the taillight for battery changes. Don't laugh too hard, but that piece of black metal with the louvers was cut from the side of a derelict toaster oven. And the bracket holding the taillight was a front fender bracket from a Black Friday Krate.
View attachment 31549
View attachment 31550
View attachment 31551

not as powerful as some of the setups I've seen here, but this is my first lighting project. it's fun, i'd like to keep playing with stuff like this...
View attachment 31547
View attachment 31548

--rick
Great work! Really loving the idea of the mono jack for quick disconnects, I might have to try that!

Luke.

View attachment 31543

View attachment 31544
View attachment 31545
View attachment 31546

View attachment 31549
View attachment 31550
View attachment 31551

View attachment 31547
View attachment 31548

--rick
Awesome my kind of build for sure.

Latest posts

Back