Headlight and lighting issues help needed!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently built this bike. I am not sure of what headlights that I could either mount on the fork or tire mounts to keep this looking clean. Also I am wanting to find some sort of lighting option toilluminate the wheels and whitewalls, without making the bike look cluttered. Any advice you can give a novice in the customizing field?

20130829_131129_zpsc448e94f.jpg.html

CayoHuesoChoppers said:
I'm not sure how I would attach that or add power
There are numerous lights on that site that either mount using ears that attach to the triple tree, or from the bottom. You then rip out the light bulb, install an led along with a double A battery holder and switch. Takes a little time, but you then have a pretty cool light. Or go the easy route and buy one pre-made.

you can buy mini kickstands for scooters that should work for you! or you can buy a bell brand kickstand that has adjustment holes! get creative! have fun!

For your bike, I like the motor cycle light in the first post. It is exactly what I was thinking of while looking at your bike. You can make a battery box that goes somewhere on your bike for a 12 volt gel cell battery that you recharge.

Back