Headbadge: to paint or not to paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, I've painted up this Schwinn DX. It now has a nice candy/metallic finish, but I'm torn whether or not I should paint the original headbadge or not. Thoughts?
IMG_20130120_125732.jpg

IMG_20130120_155400.jpg

Peatbog said:
I'd paint it. Of course, I'd paint my mother. I paint everything. I'd paint goldfish if I could. They don't all have to be that orange color. But still, I'd paint the badge to match the cool paint on the bike.
Ha!
Thanks guys, I'm leaning that route myself. P.S. dogdart, at a glance I always think your handle is "dogfart"

udallcustombikes said:
It is a pretty common size. Why not find a white one and paint it? That way the original remains original in case the next owner wants it.
I thought about that too, but all the other original parts are painted anyway. If I keep it original I would mount it that way, but I think I'll try my hand at painting it.

B607 said:
Badge and bike look good. Why are the fork cups black and not chrome? (nit-pik nit-pik :p ) Gary
it's kind of a bad pic (lighting wise), but also they were pretty rust ravaged and have lost their luster. I opted to keep them original instead of replacing them

Back