Hawthorne bike ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is listed on my local craigs list as a 50's hawthorne. Any idea of year and value, I can't find one with 2 bars in the middle or a springer like this one.

Yeah I know girls bikes are not worth alot. The only reason I'm even wondering about this one is the springer. The person is asking WAY to much wants 100 bucks for it. I was thinking of offering 40.

This one is still for sale and doubt it is going anywhere. Think I'm going to let it sit up for sale for as long as I can so guy will be willing to come down more.

The two bars are a sign it's an HP Snyder built frame. What's interesting is that it does have the CWC shockmaster springer. CWC and Snyder both supplied frames for Hawthorne. The Snyder springer didn't come out until 1940, so it's not common but not unheard of for them to turn up with the CWC springer, which was introduced a year or two earlier. Thus I'd call this a late '38-39 bicycle. Doesn't make it worth any more but it's interesting from a historical standpoint.

Is the bike blue/indigo? If it's original paint in this color, I'd have serious interest in the chainguard.

Latest posts

Back