have down 10 dollars on 125 dollar columbia ladys tank bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and even though you'll have the fun of building it, you'll never get that much $$ out of it..

You've only paid $10 so far? Maybe you can work out a better deal with the person with the Columbia... The ad says that it's only decoration. It probably has no real value to them, and they probably don't have many other offers... why not offer a total of $100 or even $75. I am sure they will understand that you're young and just getting into a new hobby and will be willing to help out.

the guy said he had some one offer him last summer a 100 dollars for it and he turned them down

heres one from the scrapyard. 5 dollars and it had a springer front fork, locking fork with key, and front drum brake. Its not too common to find 'em this cheap but they are out there.
100_1472.jpg

ahh i wish i was closer i think alot of guys on here have made some great points. i just have a question or two if you dont mind.... Do you have your heart set on a girls bike? Would you consider any other bike in the price range. theese guys are great at finding good deal

i dont have the money right now i will get money on the last friday of the month beacause i get paid every first day of the month unless the first of the month is a holiday or if it falls on a saturday or sunday then i get paid friday

i just want to get a vintage bike with a tank and one that not been bought off the internet shipped all apart im just getting this bike because it is complete and close to bangor and has a tank

Post a wanted ad in our classified section and see what happens.

You will have to pull that Columbia all a part no matter what.

I think you can see from the number of responses that we "got your back" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i know i could do that but if i got bike thats all apart i would still have to find a parts bike and to find one in my budget would be hard and i would not no what to write in the ad

did you get my PM about crank removal and ect.?
Someone put it together so it HAS to come apart! :mrgreen:

sorry but i have to say it, this is going to be a MONEY PIT

nothing against the bike, but id hate to see you get disappointed or bust your budget and still not have a ridable bike in the end.

for a first bike id try to find something cheaper that needs alot less work. every bike ive found this past year were less than $40, and most of them just needed air in the tires and a butt on the seat.

all i can spend at the most is 250 shipped for a bike thats ready to go once put back togther and

Okay...post a wanted ad for a bike with a tank and mention you have a budget of $250 shipped.

Surely someone here has something for you.

I'm sure the rest of us can help you get it back together once it arrives.

Also, if it's in decent shape...which it should be, you won't need a donor bike.

Wow! six pages? This site really is helpful. Ok, so after careful consideration, here is my advice. First the wish list, you want a cruiser, a ladies frame, frame with tank, something old and crusted, and you want it on the road asap.And you don't want to sink a wad of cash into it. Ok, not bad, common stuff really. Next, the roadblocks, and I don't mean any insult or offense. :) Not a very large budget after the columbia sale, not a lot of tech knowledge on dis and re-assmebly, limited area you can travel to, limited tools, and not a lot of selection to choose from. Still not too bad of a situation. Now, here is what I have come up with, buy the cruiser from walmart, some stores do assembly(I know I know most of them don't kow what to do ) When you buy it, ask to hang around when they put it togther, so you can get a hands on feel for what belongs where. Ok, take your bike home and ride it, try to firgure out the faults are and what you can think of to remedy them. Start slow, and get some new handle bars and grips, put them on yourself, then some new tires(wide whites) and put them on yourself. Now you know how to take the wheels off, buy some fenders and install them. To me, thats a pretty cool bike to start with. Then you can add a springer, a new seat, a rack and basket, lights, nothing you can't do. You just have to learn is all. Little by little dude, plus you live in Maine, so heres a tip for some free rust, sand the paint off and leave it outside.j-k. As for a tank, shoooooot hit the classifieds on this site, somebody always has one. Moral of the story, no matter what bike you buy, add your personality to it, and enjoy the process.

Back